• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by chris_nh

1. C

Good EGA card that fits inside a 5160 case

You can easily determine if the card is too tall by looking at a picture of it. Regular ISA cards do not typically extend much beyond the top of the metal slot bracket. "AT" height cards are taller than the slot bracket. I hope this helps.
  2. C

Good EGA card that fits inside a 5160 case

The IBM EGA card fits, as do many others like Paradise ega, etc.
  3. C

Five Festive 5150 Boards (BOARD #1 Thread)

I believe Ruud wrote some info about single stepping PCs using IOCHRDY signal ... might be useful if you want to try single stepping for diagnostic purposes http://www.baltissen.org/newhtm/debuggerPC.htm
  4. C

Help identifying strange 286 motherboard

Have you tried calling the phone number and asking for support? :LOL: I'm curious to learn more about it too... interesting find!
  5. C

Seattle Computer SCP-220A? 8088 module identification

Cool and thanks for the pics. I have not actually tried mine yet, but that's good news it works in the PC.
  6. C

IBM 5162 Prototype ?

Thanks, that's the one and appears to be the same board. Also, I wanted to mention the 5162B sticker on the full board picture that is now available (in the bottom corner) ... very interesting.
  7. C

IBM 5162 Prototype ?

I remember a post recently where someone else had a vague picture of the same board in a 5162 ... seems to be a very rare variant for sure, and this is the first full board picture I've seen. Thanks for sharing!
  8. C

IBM 5150 08/16/82 BIOS - Has anyone ever seen this?

Wow, great find, and thanks for sharing!
  9. C

IBM PC 5150 Rev. A S/N: 0126215

Why rebuild the power supply? Sounds like it is working just fine.
  10. C

The 8088 Prefetch Algorithm #2

Excellent write-up! Thank you
  11. C

I hate myself - M keyboard

5150 is not compatible with model M. Sounds like the keyboard is fine.
  12. C

IBM 5160 XT early BIOS 5000026 found with interesting date code

I believe your serial number is correct. That would be XT #3755, thanks for sharing!
  13. C

IBM 5160 XT early BIOS 5000026 found with interesting date code

I made an interesting observation regarding the "YH" stamp and early IBM rom chips... 1) The 5000026 chip is dated 8242 with a "YH" stamp. (none of the known later date codes have it) 2) I found a picture of a 5700051 (early PC BIOS) chip which is dated 8124 and also has a "YH" stamp. 3)...
Back