• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Cimonvg

1. C

PS/2 55SX - is this a 486SLC upgrade?

hello Application is mentioned " Test your system using SXCHK.EXE if it yours is compatible with this upgrade." here : 386 CPU Upgrade perhaps it can tell if your system will work with 486sx.. /cimonvg
  2. C

Inboard 386/PC 2mb expansion CLONE

hello Just remember one case. Where I pimped 486BL and then warm rebooted. The inboard driver complanied about bad RAM, but in that case , it was too fast "pimping" of CPU (enabled CPU-cache prior to load of Inboard driver), then testing RAM and failing... /cimonvg
  3. C

Inboard 386/PC 2mb expansion CLONE

hello - the Qualitas RAMexam 7.01 (1993) works fine in my setup (IBM5150 rev A. superXT bios). Perhaps a disc from Checkit version 4 ?? /cimonvg
  4. C

running 5x86 cpu in IBM 5150 with Inboard/386

hello i don't know how Stynx did manage to enable keyboard in Doom, My demo ran automatically and then gave framerate numbers. But perhaps Doom runs better on IBM5160 then the IBM5150? Otherwise you should be able to run the game with mouse and joystick (i think - have not tried) on the IBM5150...
  5. C

WTB: Sota Memory/16i RAM Board

like lusus says, SOTA386 and memory16i (4Mb) perhaps do run windows95... :D unlikely, but in Teory - not impossible. /cimonvg
  6. C

hello "remember" to write back if exciting software like windows95 do run on Sota+memory16i ;) /cimonvg
  7. C

i did use the packet described on first page : "I did use the speed test from http://www.philscomputerlab.com/dos-benchmark-pack.html" ..it gives you a number you calculate to a fps. /cimonvg
  8. C

hello nice result chjmartin2 :) the Kyoto Clock Multiplier is build on chip: NB3N502 ?? NB3N502 looks like a usable chip in our setup. /cimonvg
  9. C

hello not me selling, but one memory16i online at ebay.. /cimonvg
  10. C

IBM5160 and Inboard386/pc and remoting of same

Hello My hobby has for some years been the IBM5150 - and i have used many hours on the IBM5150 and Inboard386, but only now started with the IBM5160 and Inboard386, so here also new stuff for me. The other thread "Windows 3.1 w/ Intel Inboard 386/PC - VxD Issue" harrision.frazier mentioned a...
  11. C

Windows 3.1 w/ Intel Inboard 386/PC - VxD Issue

hello one more run well same vga,hd,floppy but now in IBM5160 and it works! I did copy the Harrison.frazier WINDOWS library to my SCSI disc. And my IBM5160 XT now runs windows with DOS box ;) My IBM XT is a 64-256k "6181696" system board. Did also a Windows95 test - but no go.. Thanks harrison...
  12. C

Help! My Intel Inboard 386/PC is dead!

only got a few comments. One i had some issues with a CPU not plugged 100% into the socket. When pussing the CPU way down , it started again.. And the fingers on the ISA part of the Inboard386 , mine gets "black" in no time. Ones in a while i pollish the fingers with alcohol and a cotten-bud...
  13. C

hello - my first attempt , did not work. Took your windows directory onto my SCSI-drive. (my os is still PCDOS 7.0) Probably hardware differences, i can not boot without device=ibvpicd.386. Perhaps later IBM pc xt are easier getting to run accelerated software ? then the older pc 5150 ??? /cimonvg
  14. C

thank you for the information anyway. /cimonvg
  15. C

hello exciting - hope you will share your setup settings. Either or both a software / hardware settings may be wrong in my setup - i do also get error "device number 0003, service 0013". Software: What is the config.sys file containing ? - the Netroom software is nice and perhaps it can fix all...
Back