• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

cjs's latest activity

• cjs
    cjs replied to the thread Jason Scott's VCF Donation.
    Sorry I was unclear. I am going on the basis of what people who allege themselves to have been involved at the time have said. And note...
  • cjs
    Well, if it was represented to Jason Scott as, "warehouse by the ocean with no climate control and we intend to leave the documents...
  • cjs
    Yup, that was the point I was trying to make when I suggested an original IBM PC. If you're not terribly concerned about what software...
  • cjs
    "Build quality" is a really weird criteria for choosing an antique computer. A lot of the most beloved home computers were absolute...
  • cjs
    I don't see how that would have made things any better (or worse). That they may not have been able to scan the collection for legal...
  • cjs
    So when should he have posted it, and what should he have said to people who asked why he was not attending VCF East? It looks to me as...
  • cjs
    cjs reacted to syzygy's post in the thread Cromemco JS-1 Joystick Replica with Like Like.
    This is turning into a very nice little reproduction project and I admire the intention to be as accurate as possible. In case it is...
  • cjs
    If your primary criterion is build quality, can I suggest you get an original IBM PC instead? It's of far higher build quality than any...
  • cjs
    Yes, it seems clear that there's no possibility of trademarking "VCF" now that a half dozen different organisations have been using it...
    • 1713195285635.png
  • cjs
    You seem to be making unwarranted and very limited assumptions about what people are suggesting you test. So you're saying you feel the...
  • cjs
    cjs replied to the thread Thoughts on VCF East so far.
    I'm not too worried about it myself; I live in Japan and so my interactions with the VCF are limited to using this forum. I'm just...
  • cjs
    A test suite could be as simple as a few .asm files and .hex files generated from them. You then manually run a script that runs the...
  • cjs
    cjs replied to the thread Thoughts on VCF East so far.
    As with other complaints I've seen about the VCF, complaints about admission prices look to me to be something that could be mitigated...
  • cjs
    cjs reacted to bsd64's post in the thread Utility Linux Distribution with Like Like.
    I think all the moderators must be at the VCF East ... This thread started out with the question "Can anyone recommend a good...
  • cjs
    Ah, you're asking about the Model III vs. the Model II? Those are two rather different computers, despite sharing the same processor...
Back