• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by clh333

1. C

Midwest Cleaning house, request advice

I found an agent who, for a percentage, will catalog and sell the items, probably through eBay. As a result, I am terminating this thread. -CH-
  2. C

I have been posting on VCF since 2015 but this thread started Saturday. Last time I checked I was still around... somewhere. I thank everyone for their comments and suggestions but I need to explain that it is currently impossible for me to catalog (identify, price, depict, describe and list)...
  3. C

Sorry, none of the above. Strictly vanilla. -CH-
  4. C

Sorry, none of the above. -CH-
  5. C

Thank you for your suggestions, both of which I have considered. The problem with estate sales is that the seller usually wants to hold them on your premises, which would only add to the chaos I am experiencing now. As for resellers, it's tempting but I hate the thought of having systems I...
  6. C

I have been collecting old computers, components and peripherals for many years but recently, due to my wife's illness, I haven't had the time to devote to the hobby. Additionally, due to her need for managed care, I have decided it's time to move from our home of 33 years. This presents a...
  7. C

Model 4P returns "Seek Error" (9) on startup

For the record: I get the seek error message no matter whether I power up with a disk in the 0 drive or power up, then insert the disk, then hit the reset button. The error message is there both before and after the reset, in other words. -CH-
  8. C

Larry, thank you for your reply. Using your suggestions I verified that the heads do not step toward Track0 when the drive is powered up. The motor spins but only for a few seconds; it is an "automatic" feature of the drive. (Tandon says this ensures the hub is seated properly.) During those...
  9. C

When I power up the unit the screen displays a seek error message in three languages which is the result of a jump in the BIOS code based on an error number (9) returned to the startup routine. From what I read in the Western Digital 1773 data sheet (p. 1-7) this error is returned to the CPU by...
  10. C

SST debugger?

Thanks, Larry, I'll take you up on that offer. But the book makes specific reference to what you will see using the SST debugger and it would be helpful to locate a copy of that. The book goes deep into the instruction set of the x86 family including the '486 and Pentium. Their added...
  11. C

SST debugger?

Reading The Personal Computer from the Inside Out by Sargent and Shoemaker (Addison-Wesley, 3rd ed., 1994) which makes reference to an included disk with a debugger referenced in the material. This book being second-hand the disk is missing. If anyone has a copy of the disk or the debugger...
  12. C

Another FedEx Casualty, needs new-ish CRT

I have one from a Model II, same designation (RCA etc.). It is not new or newish; it may have some screen burn on the top line or two. If you can't find anything better you can PM me. -CH-
  13. C

Another FedEx Casualty, needs new-ish CRT

Where are you located? -CH-
  14. C

Tandy Supplier Question

Works with an MS-DOS 6.22 PC. I find that the printer does not recognize ASCII 12 as form-feed and defaults to adding a line feed after an ASCII 13 is sent, so from DOS printout becomes 2-line spaced. There is a command to defeat this feature however, but it must precede any text. -CH-
  15. C

Tandy Modem Documentation Needed: Model DC 2212

Final update: I located the manual (somehow overlooked), scanned it and submitted to the Tandy Color Computer Archive (https://colorcomputerarchive.com/repo/Documents/Manuals/Hardware/DC-2212%20Intelligent%20Modem%20(Tandy).pdf) where, thanks to Guillaume Major, it is now available for...
Back