• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by CloudInMyHead

1. CloudInMyHead

Otrona Attache CRT brightness decay

Ah. Upon opening "Otrona_Attache_Maintenance.pdf" it is just a subset of one of the other documents. I attached it here. Not sure where I downloaded it from.
  2. CloudInMyHead

Otrona Attache CRT brightness decay

Does anyone know if the Otrona with the 8086 use the same power supply as the CP/M only model? I have an 8086 Otrona that powers on and then shuts off within 5 seconds or less. I'm guessing I need to start with voltage checking the power supply. Not sure which of the manuals I should be looking...
  3. CloudInMyHead

California Otrona Handle Arm

I just bought an Otrona which when shipped, one of the arms broke off. Any chance anyone have some Otrona parts laying around and willing to sell the handle arms from one? If not I'll see if they can be removed and I can make a 3D printed one. It will have layer lines but other than that it...
  4. CloudInMyHead

Compaq Portable III 386 Disk face plate

Ahh. I finally got it out safely with one of those plastic phone/tablet repair tools. Whew.
  5. CloudInMyHead

Compaq Portable III 386 Disk face plate

I'm trying to disassemble my new Compaq Portable III 386 (I just picked up a 286 one as well BTW). The 5.25 drive is not reading anything (on either the 286 or 386 Portable III) and I need to replace the CMOS battery. Anyway, I watched a couple of videos on the Compaq Portable III 386 and 268...
  6. CloudInMyHead

Compaq SLT/286 - My Review

Well, I have three now. One is a 386 and the other two are 286s. I believe the 1st one still has a bad drive, the last one, a 286 has a working floppy, working HD and working battery. I have to revisit the 386 as I haven't barely tested it. I do have a bad Power supply w/o a cable. I am going to...
  7. CloudInMyHead

On the drives, any 40 or 80 megabytes CONNER hard-drives? I could use or two of those for my...

On the drives, any 40 or 80 megabytes CONNER hard-drives? I could use or two of those for my Toshiba systems.
  8. CloudInMyHead

Midwest Misc For Sale TRS-80, Mac, Etc.

i'll buy the 1st drive: Portable Disk Drive (TPDD): I replaced the belt, lubed the worm gear, and tested it in August of '23: $50 I'll PM/DM you my information
  9. CloudInMyHead

Toshiba T5200C inverter repair

Thanks. I have the a T5200 body and a T5200C body but the non-C one is much cleaner so I was going to move all the parts to the better body. The C motherboard is bad but I knew the displays were swappable so I tried the C display on the regular T5200 and it worked like a charm. Since both...
  10. CloudInMyHead

Toshiba T5200C inverter repair

Curious about the T5200C. I have one but the case is labeled T5200 without the "C" but is indeed color. Were Colors labeled with a on the case?
  11. CloudInMyHead

California A few items for sale

Since " Since you listed as "Local Pickup Only", you may want to add your city location.
  12. CloudInMyHead

New England NOS Green 753 Laptop

Sounds like a great deal.
  13. CloudInMyHead

Midwest Two Osborne 1/1A double-density daughter boards (Free)

Even though I have two Osbornes, I only requested one.
Back