• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by computerdude92

1. C

What are good examples of Windows Vista/7 era laptops that can run XP?

I don't think I want to mess around with PAE patches, but holy smokes those are overkill graphics...
  2. C

Sorry, but what are the 600/700 series gpus?
  3. C

It turns out collecting used laptops is the best affordable option for me regarding retro gaming. I remember my dad had a WinVista HP Dv6000 laptop with an AMD Turion 64 X2 CPU and it ran great when downgraded to XP, but he wasn't a gamer. I know I need at least 128MB of video ram because my...
  4. C

Are my first 2 Linux Lakka test PCs good choices?

Hello retro gamers, Do any of you use Linux Lakka on old PCs? I am completely new to Lakka and I need guidance please on how old the choice of PCs can be. So I just picked up 2 old as dirt systems from the PC recycling center... Here's a picture of them...
  5. C

Are there any file size limitations with MD5 and SHA1?

I have a Pioneer BDR-212EBK (BD-XL) writer drive to use for the project. Based on reviews, I think Pioneer is the better quality brand compared to the LG or Asus counterpart drives. My disc burning software is very old, so I might be in need of an upgrade. This will be my very first time making...
  6. C

Did Coppermine-128 Celerons have a Processor Serial Number (PSN) like the Pentium IIIs?

I have seen some laptops, even Pentium 1 coming with a soldered BGA mobile CPU version. I've seen mobile BGA Pentium II and III's as well. Don't know how common they were though. All of these I have mentioned above are physically smaller than desktop variants and will not fit in a desktop CPU...
  7. C

Are there any file size limitations with MD5 and SHA1?

Hello guys, Within now and the next couple weeks I will be starting my long awaited Bluray M-DISC backup. The discs I will be using are 100GB each and most discs will have a single, roughly 95GB RAR archive containing all the files for that particular disc. Next to that file will be a text...
  8. C

Calling all Coppermine-128 Celeron 600 owners...

I suppose you're talking about UT 2004? That game can run on an XP-era machine, which I would be using to play it. I just saw a video where a PII 400MHz plays UT-99 very smoothly. I'm guessing based on my readings of old reviews, my Celeron 600 is equal to some kind of PII in games. Also -...
  9. C

The games I play on Win98se run good on even a Celeron 366 and 8MB video ram. I'm usually a casual gamer and thus not so picky about having access to high game settings or not. The most demanding 9x games I play are like Lego Stunt Rally. I only play games on Win9x if they refuse to run on...
  10. C

Hello guys, I'm going to start using a Celeron 600MHz (66MHz FSB) CPU in a Toshiba laptop that takes desktop Socket 370 CPUs. The system will have 256MB of ram and a 32GB SD card inside an IDE adapter for the Windows 98se OS. I am downgrading the 1GHz PIII CPU originally found in the laptop so...
  11. C

Did Coppermine-128 Celerons have a Processor Serial Number (PSN) like the Pentium IIIs?

Ha! That's a review for the exact same model CPU I recently bought on Ebay! I'm going to install it in a Toshiba laptop that surprisingly takes desktop Socket 370 CPUs. It originally came with a 1GHz PIII, but this Celeron takes about half as many watts to run; So now I can cure the laptop of...
  12. C

Other US Areas WTB::: New sealed box - Pentium iii 500MHz or 533MHz (Socket 370)

I think it was Dead Rising 3... but I'll let you know. It was a game where the bosses said a dialog before fighting you.
  13. C

Trying to remember a particular zombie game with unique bosses...

Hello guys, I'm trying to look for an awesome zombie fighting game that I can't remember the name. It was made somewhere in the 2010's and you had missions and many, many unique zombie bosses you get to fight one-on-one. What game could it be? It's a PC game, and probably on Steam.
  14. C

Other US Areas WTB::: New sealed Pentium III 500MHz Socket 370 100FSB for collection, or similar one in speed

I want one of the very first socket 370 Pentium III CPUs at the slowest speed possible. Needs to be still in original shrinkwrap.
Back