• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by DaveL

1. D

Texelec's keyboard foam replacements

After spending some quality time with the pads, calipers, a scope, and the analog mux U19 I believe the fundamental problem is the thickness of the pads. I measured the pads at ~3.5 mm but there's variance because not all of them are perfectly flat (I believe a slight slope of the...
  2. D

Variac procedure for reforming power supply capacitors

I'd like to try to reform the electrolytic caps in a Sol-20's power supply as replacements are surely made of pure unobtainium. What's an effective (and safe) procedure (voltage increase over time) for this? Also, should the power supply's outputs be loaded or not? Thanks very much, Dave
  3. D

Sol-20 ECN's

Hi all, Is there a complete set of Sol-20 ECN's available somewhere? I have a few from when I built mine (June-July '78) but I'd like to verify everything's up-to-date... ;) Thanks, Dave
  4. D

Which Deoxit?

Greetings all, I have some potentiometers and switches in old equipment I'd like to treat with Deoxit but which one? My first purchase was DN5 but now I'm wondering if I should have bought something in their F series instead. Comments and suggestions welcomed! Thanks, Dave
  5. D

New old guy

Greetings all! I joined after reading some excellent advice regarding restoration of various Sol-20's. I have two of them, one of which I built from the kit in '78. I finally decided to try to resurrect the old girl as she closes in on 40 and I'm hoping to avoid the same type of cap...
Back