• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by David_M

1. D

nashida Radio products showing up on ebay

No it only supports 5.25" floppy images. If you want a hard drive emulator I just started shipping my new hard drive emulator card with beta firmware that can be updated in system with a flashupdate utility. It supports prodos or gsos images as either a prodos block device or smartport. It...
  2. D

nashida Radio products showing up on ebay

I did a layout of the updated design a few months back I sold the 30 I had made mostly as bare boards. I have another 20 coming that I tacked on to the order for the production cards of the hard drive emulator I designed, I should have them in a few days.
  3. D

Language 16K RAM card or Saturn 128K RAM card access advice welcome

I created a Saturn card last year and some lowlife in Russia has already ripped off the design and is selling poor quality pcbs. Why redo it again? It would be far more useful to find another card to redesign. This is my current pcb alongside the rom card i designed.
  4. D

QuikLoader board

I'm currently doing a reboot of the quikloader cards. I'm having issues with getting the flash rom to behave correctly to allow writing to it but the prototypes work happily with the flash programmed externally. The QLOS is buggy with 27512 images so I'd be keen to see your OS in action.
  5. D

Apple ][ ROM Card

The production boards arrived today and are ready to ship. Bare boards are US$10 + $3.50 postage PM me if interested.
  6. D

Apple ][ ROM Card

My prototype boards arrived today for the new card I'm working on. The address decode/remap code for the GAL still needs to be written, but I should have production boards ready to ship in 2 or 3 weeks.
  7. D

Older 80286 packages

A few weeks back I was repairing a 5170 motherboard and needed a new CPU in the PGA-68 package, i couldn't find one locally and the best price i could find internationally was about $30. Fortunately I was able to salvage one from non standard board that I will probably never use. Today it...
  8. D

Sometimes I love exploding capacitors

Along with the 5170 I picked up on the weekend I also got 3 XT clones and a number of XT and 286 motherboards. One of the 286 clone boards has a socketed Dallas RTC, so no battery leak damage and easy to modify to use an external battery. I thought great an easy repair. That thought was short...
  9. D

Ibm 5170

I picked up a 5170 today and took a quick look at it tonight. The case has some surface rust. The motherboard (Type 1) is dead (FF on the post card) The power supply is dead. The Maxtor XT-1085 hard drive spun up once but wont spin up again. The AST Rampage 286 is fully populated but untested...
  10. D

TRS-80 diagnostic/ICE card

Try this link to alternatives https://www.digikey.com/products/en/connectors-interconnects/rectangular-connectors-board-in-direct-wire-to-board/317?k=&pkeyword=&pv88=23&FV=ffe0013d%2C8cc0009%2C1b800001&quantity=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&pageSize=25 Looking closely at the image of the one at top it...
  11. D

Modern Saturn 128 redesign.

The new prototype arrived and its working. There was one glitch, when I updated the schematic in KiCAD one wire overlapped the IC pin and it looked connected to me but KiCAD didn't agree and the trace was missing from the gerber. After running a jumper for the missing trace all was well. I've...
  12. D

TRS-80 diagnostic/ICE card

I was aware of the expansion numbering and the shield takes that into account. The problem is in the cpu socket cable, using a standard 2x20 header to another 2x20 header with a simple pcb fitted with pins for the socket its all good with no swapping. The odd side of the DIP plug crimps to the...
  13. D

Apple clone ROM cards (z80+64k)

I have three Apple clone boards that lack the ROM card they need to operate. They are the type of board that has a 16k RAM card and Z80 included on the motherboard and due to a lack of motherboard space used a modified slot 0 designed to accept a custom ROM card. The cards were typically...
  14. D

Apple ii europlus

It could be the small signal transistors and on a rare occasion and open circuit resistor on the primary side. However the most likely problem is that feedback transformer, 70% of the faults I get that are not fixed by a recap are that transformer. If it faulty you will read about 68 ohms...
  15. D

Modern Saturn 128 redesign.

Minor setback, while writing the GAL rules I discovered that to be 100% compatible with the original Saturn one mode bit needs to be initialised high rather than low like the others. The latches I was using to store the mode bits don't support any initialisation other than low. So I've had to...
Back