• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Divad

1. D

Wangtek 5099EN24 tape drive & card, free + shipping

5.25" Wangtek 5099EN24 Rev.A QIC tape drive, 8-bit ISA controller card and cable. The drive roller has disintegrated on this so I have no way to test it that I know of, if it's of any interest at all let me know and it's yours for the cost of shipping. Thanks David
  2. D

Having some trouble with two MFM drives in one machine...

I've got two MFM drives that I'd like to have working in a single system, but I can't get them to work together at all! The drives are an ST-225 and an NEC D5146H. Both work on their own. The controller is a WD1003-WA2 with jumpers set to default. I have a double-headed control cable, with the...
  3. D

Princeton HX-12E EGA monitor (UK)

I've had this a while but never used it much. Tested it today and it powers on and displays, but I had to crank up the brightness almost to maximum. I seem to remember that blue displays poorly, almost black so this might be on its way out. Hopefully someone will have the time and expertise to...
  4. D

Looking for someone to burn me a couple of EPROMs, UK if possible?

Just like it says, I'm looking for someone who can burn the XTIDE ROM to a couple of EPROMs for me please? Ended up getting someone in Germany to burn one last time, but it didn't work, and I'd rather get it done more locally if possible for the sake of convenience. Thanks David
  5. D

Packard Bell VX88 & amber mono 12" monitor

I've had this for a couple of years, but it's just in the way now, so looking to pass it onto someone who will make better use of it. The PC is a Packard Bell VX88 XT-class compact desktop with a V40 8MHz CPU, 640K on-board RAM, 360K 5.25" floppy and ST-225 20MB hard disk. It has built-in...
  6. D

WTB: RAM card for 5170

Does anyone have a 128K (or bigger) RAM card I could use to increase the memory on my 5170 motherboard to 640K? Thanks David
  7. D

Some common PC/XT ISA cards

I have a box of miscellaneous 8-bit ISA cards that I have no more use for, does anyone need any spares? Here's what I've got: 1x IBM MDA+parallel card - tested & working 3x late version IBM floppy controllers - tested and working 1x Xebec HD controller (missing backplate) - no suitable drive...
  8. D

8-bit Multi-IO card - can anyone ID it?

I got this card in an Turbo XT clone (Microway badge) and it seems to be working fine despite some slight battery corrosion. Considering the date stickers are from November 1988 I'm surprised it wasn't in worse shape, but I digress. It's an 8-bit multi IO card with serial x2, parallel, game...
  9. D

Triple D Int 286 motherboard - any info available?

Has anyone got any information on a 286 motherboard made by Triple D International? Model appears to be a TD-32 or 34, with a CityGate D30 chipset and 286-10 CPU. Unusually, it has only 8-bit ISA slots, and some I/O on board (COM & ???) (I don't own this board, but I'm considering buying it...
  10. D

Jumper/DIP switch settings for a Mitac Paragon 286VE?

I've just acquired a Mitac model MPC-2000VE, which I believe makes it a Paragon 286VE model (the badge is missing from the front). The motherboard appears to be model "PWA-286V BD" Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any info on the motherboard jumper or DIP switch settings. It has VGA on...
  11. D

Looking for an AT/XT switchable keyboard (& a serial mouse)

As the title says, I'm looking for an AT/XT switchable keyboard and a serial mouse. Make/model/cosmetic condition doesn't really matter, as long as it works! I'm located in the UK, so ideally would like to locate a keyboard locally as international shipping is likely to be very expensive...
  12. D

IBM 5150, keyboard, & parts (UK)

IBM 5150 with some XT parts fitted (PSU & 10MB hard drive). Fitted with 256K motherboard, MDA+parallel card, floppy controller, Xebec HD controller, and IBM 256K RAM card. It powers on and boots from floppy or hard drive, but there are a few issues any buyer should know about: The case is a...
  13. D

One last attempt to get this motherboard working...

I've got a 16-64K 5150 motherboard here which has been resisting all attempts to repair it. With previous help/advice from this forum I've got it working with the diagnostic ROM, but no further... Here's what's been done so far: 12V capacitors replaced Landmark ROM showed faulty RAM, so bank 0...
  14. D

IBM 5150 motherboard wanted (UK)

Does anyone have a 5150 motherboard they're willing to part with (ideally 16-64K)? It would probably need to be in the UK or Europe as shipping from the US is pretty prohibitive... Thanks David
  15. D

U34 8253 failure - replace or new motherboard?

Hi all I'd hoped that after replacing the caps, RAM bank 0, and the U33 chip this board might finally be ready to work, but sadly it has now thrown up a failure of all U34 8253 timer channels :( (This is a 16-64K 5150 motherboard) How practical is it to replace this chip, and/or how easy is...
Back