• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by dmemphis

1. dmemphis

Lo-tech IDE setup on Model III LDOS

Thanks so much, I suppose I will try the alternative driver as I don't expect to have access to the jumper to get by the problem of the first driver. I'll post back if I have anything to add about my experience.
  2. dmemphis

Power Supplies for the Model 3 and Models 4/4D/4P ....

Plus great gotek accessories from there too, I just got some!
  3. dmemphis

Lo-tech IDE setup on Model III LDOS

Can any offer some fast-track instructions to set up a LO-TECH IDE board on a Model III. I have an LDOS boot disk and the IDE tools RSFORM5 and HDDVR5 available on :0 and :1 floppy drives and the IDE board cabled in to the 50 pin connector and an idustrial IDE flash with its own power supplied...
  4. dmemphis

Model III disk drive - no "Diskette?" prompt

You are right, just put a diskette in a physical drive and got the prompt. Wow. A major misunderstanding on my part. Best I can say that was a bad user interface design... Diskette? would have been good to present without a diskette in the drive too. (Leading me to assume that was how it...
  5. dmemphis

I'll see if I can figure out what specific spots on the schematic you are referring to on the FDC.
  6. dmemphis

Progress: Having success with an HxC2001. I'm using the same cables as with the real drive. Adapted the HxC to fit the original old floppy cable. Booting LDOS now at will off that. Took a while to get oriented to it and loaded with LDOS. So I guess my physical drives are ALL bad? Same failure...
  7. dmemphis

Got three model IIIs with the same symptom on the test bench: they fail to give a "Diskette?" prompt. I don't have a boot floppy here, but I assume it would not work... First things first... that missing prompt. Each can power up to Cass? no problem with the BREAK key. I can write and run BASIC...
  8. dmemphis

Remington Rand and Burroughs badges?

Speaking of those competing small systems, just before the merger in 1985, I went head-to-head with my Burroughs Convergient Technologies /Burroughs B-20 microcomputer systems against a Unisys Minicomputer. We had to complete a trial of a bunch of Cobol programs. They ran the programs...
  9. dmemphis

Applesauce FDC disk imaging tools - testimonials?

I'm wondering how comprehensive a solution it has become and how well it works on all supported formats. If anyone recommends it from first hand experience for doing all the disk formats that it is supposed do, please chime in. (I have done disk image management with all the varied tools but...
  10. dmemphis

You might be on to something. From here: http://www.burroughsinfo.com/history-by-burroughs-june-1983.html John C. Coleman, who was credited with working out the system for mass production of the Norden bombsight, became president of the Company in 1946. Under Coleman's leadership, the decision...
  11. dmemphis

More photos. After pulling it out of the display case and looking it over, it's clearly a Burroughs piece, which means Remington Rand markings are asset tags. Note the Burroughs inspection tag dated 1957 over perhaps a manufacture stamp of the same year. Now what Burroughs equipment is this...
  12. dmemphis

I was there, part of Burroughs SDC, left right after the merger.
  13. dmemphis

This is a tube era unit.
  14. dmemphis

This could be. I had been puzzled that I didn't see anything like this in photos of the UNIVAC I. Information we have about this box says the pieces we have are UNIVAC I, but I am doubting that now. I'm thinking like you- the Burroughs badge inicates its burroughs construct, and Remmington...
  15. dmemphis

Thank you. I'm going on our current information. I'll get better some complete photos.
Back