• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by dondi

1. D

Talk About Vintage Computers......

5.25-inch floppy disks expected to help run San Francisco trains until 2030 "We have a technical debt that stretches back many decades." Read in Ars Technica: https://apple.news/An_Y0mTlXRHO4o0y4QFm2lg
  2. D

Commodore PET 2001-8 Question

Just purchased a 2114 RAM Tester
  3. D

I installed them in I4/J4 and I8/J8. This was the sockets they were originally installed in.
  4. D

I installed the Skyles RAM cards and got a random screen so I put the Monotech RAM back in and the PET works fine.
  5. D

Yes, the PET showed 16K on the boot screen when I first got it.
  6. D

I removed the temporary Reset switch and the RAMulator and the PET works great. Here are some pictures of the Skyles Electric Works boards. I haven't re-installed them yet.
  7. D

First, thank you to Dave and Nivag for their help, time and patience in getting the PET working again! I appreciate it. Secondly, can I now remove the RAMulator and put the 6502 back in and remove the Reset Switch? Not sure if I mentioned this but the PET came with two Skyles Electric RAM...
  8. D

Yes I can attach the external deck to the main logic board tape port and it works fine.
  9. D

Talk to you tomorrow morning. I have something to do in the afternoon.
  10. D

I am starting to hate those sockets!
  11. D

I do have the original tape deck and an external deck. I replaced the belts on both. However, the internal deck does not yet work. External one does in both ports.
  12. D

I recleaned the pins and seated the 6520 more firmly and all is well!
  13. D

I just edited my post!
  14. D

Very few. I tried cleaning the 6520 socket and pins and initially the KB responded and then didn't
  15. D

Tried but now most of the KB keys are unresponsive
Back