• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by dorkbert

1. dorkbert

Anybody know what this card goes to?

this looks like somebody's proprietary memory and I/O expansion. the back side of the board isn't visible, the front has no gold fingers on the ISA card edge, so it's safe to conclude that it won't work with anything other than the specific motherboard it was designed for.
  2. dorkbert

Apple II (IIe?) called "Polisher"?

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the label. There were many thousands of mom-and-pop shops selling clones in the 80's, each with their own label.
  3. dorkbert

Problems with installing a 387 FPU

is the notch on the chip aligned to the notch on the socket? Your photo looked like it isn't.
  4. dorkbert

Apple II+ character ROM

AFAIK, the EuroPlus are made in Ireland. A EuroPlus should also have a modified logic board (a few jumpers change) If your logic board does not have those changes, it's possible you have a stock II Plus fitted with a EuroPlus lid.
  5. dorkbert

Western Europe Seeking XEBEC S1410A HDD Controller

This one is mine. His looked like just a later version of the same board (104788E)
  6. dorkbert

Here's another - https://www.ebay.com/itm/176149432270 Seller sent out offers to watchers a few weeks ago for $50, but no taker.
  7. dorkbert

there are a couple listings on fleabay for about 50 bucks.
  8. dorkbert

Temu?

always remember that it's cheap for a reason.
  9. dorkbert

Where can you still find a BABY AT Computer case?

Whoa. a Weitek float point unit!
  10. dorkbert

Franklin CX luggable

can we see its guts?
  11. dorkbert

Apple Mac SE FDHD

https://tinkerdifferent.com/resources/sad-mac-error-codes.82/
  12. dorkbert

286 Upgrade memory with DIP RAM

Depends on if the board has enough sockets for 4MB, and how attached you are to that motherboard. DIP does get rather expensive, and to reach 4MB you're talking about 36 chips. Assuming the board is fitted with that many sockets, cost of DIP is still considerable. If you're not emotionally...
  13. dorkbert

Apple II Prototype?

Apple has a near compulsive obsession with leaving their mark on their "stuff." All their prototypes (that I have seen) are silkscreened with their name, copyright notice and company logo. What you have is without a doubt, a clone board.
  14. dorkbert

How uncommon is a Franklin ACE 500?

sorry, it was not my intention to insinuate that you agree with the valuation. I just wanted to point out that based on the length of time they've remained unsold, the asking price is probably excessive.
Back