• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by dr.zeissler

1. D

8bit Friendly ISA VGA cards

If you do hires gfx (256+ colors) on an early VGA card, please use TGA as format and quickview 1.3 as viewing program. it loads and displays the big files like charm...even on very lowend machine. example (286/8 1024x768 256colors)
  2. D

8bit Friendly ISA VGA cards

can confirm that, worked in Tandy100 RL/HD.
  3. D

HGA(graphic hercules) games = ?

my screenshots are from a real machine, no dosbox, it's a schneider euro-pc with nec v20 upgrade gfx-chip is hercules/cga/plt capable. I m using an MCE-Adapter the routs the signal to vga. I have to use a capable TFT for this. 18khz/50hz like Nec 71vm/1970nxp. In 1988 I bought my first PC that...
  4. D

HGA(graphic hercules) games = ?

Interesting topic! The mobygameslist is really good but there also gamerips out there that are missing files, so sometimes not all gfx-modes do work. I also love native hercules, but there are not many games that a really native hercules. the number of games which make use of the hires with...
  5. D

IBM PS2/E 9533 Options

Hi there, I just got my first PS2/E and I am thinking about upgrading the machine. What would you suggest to buy ? Here are my thoughts: CPU: I suggest upgrading/installing a 387 in the expansion slot RAM: The machine has 4MB, I will upgrade to 8 or 12MB (16MB is not a good idea because of...
  6. D

Matrox Millenium G450 - Which Win98SE driver?

No I had tested every driver and every setting there is no vsync in opengl on g450/550.
  7. D

Old PC Floppy images

Thx guys. I still have a problem with this. My machine has a 3,5 + 5,25 floppy, because the bios only has one-floppy option which is 3,5" 1,44 MB the 5,25" is only be usable by the image-program of the pci-floppy controller (catweazel-mk4plus). The issue I have is that I want to write old...
  8. D

Matrox Millenium G450 - Which Win98SE driver?

sorry to bother you with this old one, but one thing seems to be still wrong here... For the G400 series cards including it's predecessors like G450/550 D3D can be forced to v-sync via matrox-tweak-tool, but OpenGL can not, regardless what my settings are, OpenGL V-sync seems not to be...
  9. D

Getting a larger harddrive to work in my IBM 56 486SLC2

Oh man, a fallen off jumper lead to the problems. external 2GB SCSI drive is now working fine beside a internal 540MB SCSI. Next are SCSI CDROM and ZIP or JAZ drive in SCSI. Internal HD would be like this: PC-DOS 5.0 WIN95A OS2 2.x OS2 3.x Slackware 2.2
  10. D

Getting a larger harddrive to work in my IBM 56 486SLC2

Hi there can somebody give me a advice how to do this? I have several IBM 32160 2GB 68PIN drives and I want to install one in my Model 56. (I use a 68>50 converter) Currently I use a IBM 540MB that is working fine. If I change it to the 2GB drive, the machine always get's stuck/freeze at boot...
  11. D

IBM PS/2 Owners

IBM PS/2 Model 56 486SLC2 Great machine, surprisingly fast for beeing a modded 386 without FPU (50/25 Mhz). Still facing various problems due to being not a 0815 standard-pc...but great design and great performance.
  12. D

Help with Tandy 1000 RL/HD

Because I did not find the correct jumper settings I had to troubleshoot them for myself. After severel hours of testing I got everything working. If someone will try this with his T1000RL and the same IO card here are the jumpers. Here is what I intended to use the connections: TANDY: - IDE...
  13. D

Not the same layout but perhaps identical jumperssettings https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/io-cards/0-9/80-DATA-Multi-I-O-MINI-2S1P-CARD.html
  14. D

The MT32 slows massively down on mt32 playback on a patched SCI midi driver for serial connection on my Tandy 1000. The music plays slower than half of the normal speed and even slower if there is much gfx-movement. This is due to my additional COM Ports that seem to make the internal COM-Port...
  15. D

That was a though one... I wanted to free some resources and therefore deactivated the floppy controller, but this was a big failure. I never got over "Boot Disk failure". The machine does not boot from anything (Internal Floppy, XTAHD, XTIDE, Future-Domain-SCSI Controller with SCSI HDD Dos...
Back