• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by EagleTG

1. E

Oracle Discontinues Solaris Software and Sparc Hardware

This saddens me. http://www.networkworld.com/article/3160176/hardware/game-over-for-solaris-and-sparc.html
  2. E

Checking in from Allentown, PA

Hi all! This Mid-Atlantic section is dead so I figured I'd kick things off. I'm from the Allentown area of Pennsylvania. I participate in the VCF Mid-Atlantic group via in-person stuff and the mailing list. I'm primarily a Commodore guy, but have some serious ADD when it comes to computer...
  3. E

Completely Edible Apple II

This is too cool... http://gizmodo.com/this-gingerbread-apple-ii-computer-is-perfectly-edible-1790410311
  4. E

End of an era... MS-DOS is Done

Not sure if anyone saw this, but apparently Microsoft has put the final nail in the coffin for MS-DOS (or the Windows "Command Prompt" which has underpinnings in MS-DOS). Naturally, PowerShell is the new hotness...
  5. E

Apple II Disk Restoration Project

Hi all. I've taken on a project to restore a handful of Apple II disks. Around 50 or so of them. The owner of the disks and I are interested only in the data on the disks, to that end I'm currently using ADTPro to restore on a known-good drive. The original disks have some mold issues that...
  6. E

Intertec SuperBrain ROM Dumps

I was working with dmemphis today in an attempt to build adapters (and power circuitry) to read the 2716 EPROM from a SuperBrain. Additionally, we re-burned some "backups" to 28C16 EEPROMs and built the associated adapter to use these in a SuperBrain. The ROMs we read seem to be previously...
  7. E

Chiclet PET Key Legend Replacement/Reproduction

Hi all! I finally found a Chiclet PET for my collection! This has been a long search for me and I'm thrilled to have finally found one that met almost all of my criteria regarding condition, location (I didn't want to ship), price, etc. That said, I'm missing one of the legends on the...
  8. E

eBay Humor - Macintosh SE "RARE Orange"

Saw this on eBay a while back, forgot to post it here. The recent thread about the TRS-80 Expansion Interface reminded me of this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Macintosh-Computer-Mac-SE-Model-M5011-800k-RARE-Orange-/222150857884 The seller lists it as "RARE Orange color"... Hahha, nice try...
  9. E

Vintage Computing as-per an eBay Algorithm

eBay Suggestions are way more accurate than one might expect! At least it got one of them correct.
  10. E

Restoration of Cheap Metals used as RF Shielding

I've run into various cheap/thin metal parts that are commonly used for RF Shielding (and a few other purposes) within our beloved vintage computers. Generally speaking, I see these more in the microcomputers than elsewhere. Commodore is awful with it, Apple uses a ton of it in everything they...
  11. E

Victor 9000 Boot Disks

Hi all. Recently picked up a Victor 9000 and need some boot disks/software for it. From what I've seen about the floppy drives on these guys, there really is no way to write these disks on anything but another Victor 9000. Soooo... That said, I'd like to ask if anyone has access to a Victor...
  12. E

MOnSter 6502 - Microprocessor in Discrete Components

This is a ridiculous project... http://tubetime.us/?p=346 I had seen their prior work on the 555 and 741 ICs, even considered picking one up. But they've taken that same idea much farther now... Very cool, and I don't think I saw it on the forum yet, so thought I'd share. :)
  13. E

AT&T PC 6300 / Olivetti M24 Color Monitor CRT318H Help!

Hi! I recently picked up an AT&T PC 6300 (A.K.A. Olivetti M24) with keyboard, monochrome and color monitors. The monochrome monitor works, the color monitor doesn't. So far I found a bad thermal fuse. Upon replacement I still don't have an image on the screen, but I do have more voltages...
  14. E

Wiki Redirects?

Just a quick note, I noticed that around the web there are a few links to the Wiki previously hosted on Vintage-Computer.net that are no longer working. The specific one I found was in-relation to the XTIDE project over on Lo-Tech. It tries to take you to...
  15. E

Wanted: TRS-80 Model 4P Lid/Cover

First, I know this probably belongs in the "Wanted" section. I might be breaking the rules but wanted to get some Tandy/Radio Shack people's eyes on it. If it massively annoys someone that this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it. My intent was only to slightly annoy. :) I finally...
Back