• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Ellron_Cupboard

1. E

LCD-286 Keyboard Repair

Hi Vernon, Im very late to the game but, I went and looked at the keyboard and it appears*(would need to desolder the diode to be 100% ). looks like an 1N4148. Must've had a typo when I wrote this up. Hope you got it working. I kind of vaguely recall reading the white papers on the...
  2. E

430FX head scratcher

Had a few moments with it today. Looks like I killed the northbridge from my goof the other day. It was quite hot when powering it up. I snagged another off an old parts board, once I desoldered it the pin alignment was quite off so not really worth reusing. I see a few nos 430fx66 ics on ebay...
  3. E

430FX head scratcher

Actually, that's not a bad idea at all.. I'll give this a go and report back once I sort out what I broke the other day. Thinking I'll take a stab at fixing it on Sunday when I get a few free minutes. I guess my question is, if I can get into the system via the com port. Are there any...
  4. E

430FX head scratcher

hey twolazy, i checked the voltages today on both ISA and PCI. they were a solid +/-5 V & +/-12V no 3.3v on this board verified via the o-scope and dvom. unfortunately the last pin i checked my hand slipped -- guessing i put 12v on a dataline or something. it seems i've killed this board as it...
  5. E

430FX head scratcher

yeah, i'm a little worried this is just a case of a really picky motherboard... but the sheer number of cards ive tried also has me slightly convinced something else is a miss. so it currently has 32mb of 72 pin EDO each stick in each bank matches, but both banks are not the same brand. i've...
  6. E

430FX head scratcher

Yeah, I had that thought last night. I cleared the cmos via the dip switch on the board. Same result. I also popped the award rom into modbin and double checked that it was set for vga on the display adapter, which by default it was. While I was at it I set the pci settings all to auto and...
  7. E

430FX head scratcher

Hello, I've been messing around with this board for some time on the side. and have yet to get it working, so thought id toss this out there and see if anyone has any ideas. its a TMC pci54its v2.0 board with an intel 430FX chipset. essentially its unable to initialize the graphics card (one...
  8. E

LCD-286 Keyboard Repair

So my Dolch 486dx2-33 has a similar keyboard. I opened it up and found that the boards looked identical same model number but what i can assume is the 7th revision of the board. A60-0014-07. I desoldered the 8049H chip and read out the rom, burned it onto a D8749H and put it in the lcd-286...
  9. E

help identifying this 286 board + documentation?

a few weeks ago i came across another one of these boards. unbranded but clearly of the same Informtech International variety. This one uses a TI chipset (TACT82201/2/3/4/5) but through my research the TI chipset is pin comparable with the C&T set (CHIPS P82A201/2/3/4/5). The computer came...
  10. E

LCD-286 Keyboard Repair

Hello All, I've been working on repairing a MicroExpress LCD-286 i got a while ago. It came to me very dead. At any rate i've got the hardware mostly sorted out and finished the keyboard tonight. It took a lot of searching on the web to get it repaired so i thought i would summarize it all for...
  11. E

FYI: Computer Reset closing for good in April 2022

I don't have a Facebook, used my girlfriends account to join us into the group. Don't know why but they rejected our request for some reason. We were gearing up for the 12 hour drive to get in on the experience. Guess it's a gold members club now.
  12. E

Hello, i was curious if you had a build thread anywhere for this LCD-286/386 screen conversion...

Hello, i was curious if you had a build thread anywhere for this LCD-286/386 screen conversion you posted about back in 2017? https://www.vcfed.org/forum/forum/genres/pcs-and-clones/57817-will-any-16-bit-vga-card-work-with-a-286 it looks really slick and id like to mimic your process if...
  13. E

Wanted: LCD-286 CGA card

Found one. Please close the thread. Thanks!
  14. E

Wanted: LCD-286 CGA card

Hello, Probably a long shot; but i'm after an LCD-286 CGA card for my luggable 286. Someone snagged it out of it a long time ago and left an Ahead Systems EGA wizard card in there which isn't very useful for a luggable. I'm thinking one like in the attached photo (left card) should work. Thanks!
Back