• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by EtchedPixels

1. E

Lobo Max 80 Emulator

Done a bit more work on this, fixed some disk motor assumptions and enabled SASI hard disk. It's now running nicely with my CP/M C drive as an emulated CDC Wren II. Only the very late CP/M disks seem to have SASI support and only for a single drive at ID 0. The older makesys only knows UVC...
  2. E

Lobo Max 80 Emulator

And if I guess which track and fake DDAMs for the track... Not sure when I will have time to teach the floppy emulation properly about DDAMs, that would also mean teaching it to use JV3 or similar not just raw data. Looks like maxdos 6 is not Y2K compliant 8)
  3. E

Lobo Max 80 Emulator

I have added an initial attempt at a lobo max 80 emulator to EmulatorKit (https://github.com/EtchedPixels/EmulatorKit) It's fairly basic and I still need to knock some bugs out of the WD17xx (and clone) emulation code. It is however good enough to run CP/M 2 and CP/M 3 off floppies. Next steps...
  4. E

CP/M and FreHD (or other SD card HD based device)

People make GIDE cards as and when they need them. It's an open design that is fairly easy to produce. The better option but more software involved is probably the IEE488 (aka HP-IB / GP-IB). That's quite a fast interface, external and you can talk to it with an Arduino and a bit of logic...
  5. E

I had a glance at the detailed stuff. The IEE488/Centronics is actually just an 6821 PIA, so I think you could just wire a 5v SD card adapter to a connector and bitbang that. Wouldn't be very fast. Assuming all the lines are broken out suitably (not found a schematic at the moment) then it's...
  6. E

If the CPU is socketed then it should be possible to use somethig like GIDE or a ZXMMC with pretty much any system - also assuming you have the internal space and can find suitable I/O space. The machine also has IEE488 but I don't know if its possible to wire that to some of the PET disk...
  7. E

Educate me on multitasking under MPM - what do I need for "power user" usage?

Ideally you want a 56K/8K split to get the best TPA sizes for MP/M, although 16/48K works for most stuff. Hard disk is also nice but not really needed more than in CP/M providing you are single user. MP/M doesn't really care if you console is so it's perfectly possible to implement something...
  8. E

Cifer 1887 G c.1983 - CP/M / UNIX machine

We had a few slightly different looking ones at the university. Those ran Unix System III but used external terminals rather than being a luggable. It could run CP/M but we never managed to get hold of the disks for that. Had a good space invaders on the Unix side. You can image the unix side...
  9. E

RAMdisk under CP/M 2.2

A lot of the older boards used a 7bit counter and a sector latch. That made the mapping of sectors suitably trivial. Some of the European cards were also quite big because in parts of Europe it was very hard to get disk drives and media at sane prices so you would load up your ramdisks from...
  10. E

XLR8R Internals

Does anyone know how the XLR8R dealt with clock signals. I've been designing a similar concept Z180 board for an unrelated system and on that the whole thing looks like it'll be 3 chips (512K SRAM, Z180, 74AHC139). In that case however I'm generating the system clock so it's all synchronous. The...
  11. E

TRS-80 M1 with Z84C00 (CMOS Z80)?

The only behavioural difference at the software level is the undocumented out (c),0 (or FF) where the out value depends on the CMOS/NMOS version. There's an interrupt bug fixed but anything using the NMOS workaround still works. Hardware wise is more complicated. Providing there is no bus...
  12. E

What MINIX versions supported Microchannel?

Older Linux had microchannel support of sorts. NetBSD did and probably still does run on some microchannel machines Minix ran on MCA bus (at least old Minix did) providing you booted with the right esdi and mca incantations
  13. E

Looking for all Infocom Adventures for CP/M

The cut down Fweep I use in Fuzix will run almost any v1-5/8 game in 32K of RAM. The approach used would also work for ZXZVM I think if you wanted a portable CP/M + RAMDISK version. You'll need a good fast ram disc and some patience to run the bigger Inform ones though as they have a very...
  14. E

Child of NABU Founders Working on Network Emulation

The value doesn't matter. When a business is liquidated all the assets have to be disposed of. In fact they may well have been on the books as a charge based on their estimated removal and disposal cost. If it costs to dispose of them and you don't need to dispose of them yet why bother? I've...
  15. E

Anybody use one of these SC131 CP/M systems

I'm sure he would if someone wrote one. I keep meaning to but haven't had time
Back