• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by exidyboy

1. E

Meca Beta-Ex Tape drive

Thanks. I found some other posts on VCFED that appear to be about the same peripheral and photos of documentation/schematics but it doesn't appear that proper scans have ever been put up anywhere. Yes I am familiar with the Stringy Floppy for the Sorcerer. The Sorcerer version was developed here...
  2. E

Meca Beta-Ex Tape drive

Some Sorcerer software has recently come to light in France. Have you found out any more about this drive or any documentation or schematics? Would it be possible to get some photos of the internals showing the PCB layout to see if there are any ROMs or an internal microprocessor?
  3. E

TRS 80 cassette recorder emulator idea

This is completely untrue.
  4. E

Z80 Something or Other I bought for $25

You might want to put a link to your channel in your profile ...
  5. E

Exidy Sorcerer with Liveport FDM 180

Hi Ian, I have been through my archives and have found an article entitled "Technicolour (sic) for the Exidy" by Pete Scargill from SPEC (Sorcerer Program Exchange Club) Issue 6, January 1980, talking about his experience with the Stuart Micrographics colour graphics board in an Exidy Sorcerer...
  6. E

Exidy Sorcerer with Liveport FDM 180

Yes and also with a Gotek. The only difference is the TPI. The Exidy FDS (Floppy Disk Subsystem), which was a solution that dispensed with the need for the S-100 Expansion Unit, used a 100TPI drive, and the drive itself is interchangeable with a drive in a Liveport or in a standalone enclosure...
  7. E

Veroboard/Perfboard/Prototyping Board

I hadn't heard of desoldering needles - they look very interesting - but I'm talking about clearing a hole that no longer has a component lead in it just a plug of solder out of reach of the braid - are they still of value in that situation? I have been tempted to get a desoldering setup but...
  8. E

Veroboard/Perfboard/Prototyping Board

I much prefer single-sided. I've never had a problem with lifting tracks on SS boards but I find doing genuine prototyping, where you are inserting and removing components in the same holes, to be a miserable experience with through hole plated prototyping boards. More heat is required to...
  9. E

Hello from Melbourne.AU and Cambridge.UK

HI Brian I'm also in inner Melbourne. Let's meet up some time.
  10. E

Getting started with Z80 assembly language on an Exidy Sorcerer.

I thought STERM80 was for an 80 column Sorcerer ...
  11. E

Getting started with Z80 assembly language on an Exidy Sorcerer.

I can send you the source code for STERM12 and I have binaries for STERM11 and various others.
  12. E

How can I image an iBook G4 drive?

or just mount the iBook on another Mac using Firewire Target Disk Mode
  13. E

Early Computers and Electronic Music?

You will definitely want to read Hal Chamberlin's classic Musical Applications of Microprocessors.
  14. E

Belts for Mitsubishi M-2894 8 inch floppy disk drives.

Received today thanks Chris. A lot of cleaning to do before I try and get the drive going. What sort of CP/M system do you have?
Back