• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by fjkraan

1. fjkraan

TMS7000 development systems

Most of the documents are scanned and available at https://electrickery.nl/comp/tms7k/doc. The main page is still incomplete. Greetings, Fred Jan
  2. fjkraan

Hi jbdigriz, Thanks for the response and the pointers, I will investigate those. For scanning, I'll start with the stuff not found elsewhere. In the mean time I only managed to start up the Evaluation Module (it works!) and dump its ROMs (included here as I didn't create a page for this...
  3. fjkraan

new PDP QBUS panel project

Before I decided to use the PX0-600, I was thinking about using a 2457600 Hz crystal and a 74HC4060, divide by 8192 to 300 Hz. Then a selectable division by 5 or 6 (could be a 7490) to get 60 or 50 Hz. Would have been an option for the second version of the LTC board which never happened. Fred Jan
  4. fjkraan

new PDP QBUS panel project

Some info (text, no diagram) can be found in this document, page 1-5: EK-MIC11-TM-002_MicroPDP11_Systems_Technical_Manual_Sep85.pdf. The schematic referred above was derived (IIRC) from a PDP-11/03 schematic which I redrew in KiCAD with added the PX0-600 part. I use an ATX-power supply, so the...
  5. fjkraan

Epson PX-8 Oval Display Adaptor

Today the new board started working when I got all pins properly inserted in the sockets. It still needs the fix for the 7.11A firmware, but that is minor. More news planned at https://hackaday.io/project/194159-re-ud-80-a-larger-display-for-epson-px-4-px-8
  6. fjkraan

Recently I could borrow documentation on the TMS7000 microprocessors and MCU's and related development systems. I intend to scan most of it, as I so far could not find much on the internet. If someone found anything, I could try to avoid duplicate work. Most of the titles: TMS7000 TMS7000...
  7. fjkraan

Components are in, the boards are routed and ordered. Expect them in some weeks. @Crashedfiesta: can you make a photo showing the front of the original UD-80? It would look nice on a hackaday project page I am preparing.
  8. fjkraan

That is the gray-level composite output using a RCA-plug. The EF9345 has RGB outputs (via the 6-pin DIN connector) but I am not sure color is usable from the PX-8 or PX-4. Maybe via escape codes? Lacking the manual, the only way to find out is disassembling the firmware. Another interesting...
  9. fjkraan

Here a virtual christmas present of how the replica pcb could look. I'll wait with routing until the DIN chassis connectors arrive for the proper dimensions before making the PCB design. This is the time for remarks or suggestions; I'm thinking to replace the 8-pin DIN with a 9-pin Dsub and...
  10. fjkraan

The board wasn't quite stable, it just stopped working without me helping. The EPROM probably didn't like its /PGM pin being tied low. With a new EPROM I managed to come closer to a working external screen for the PX-8 (and later the PX-4). The info in what happened in more detail is at...
  11. fjkraan

After numerous bugs and corrections an screen page emerged. If it is stable, it is time to hook up a serial link to the PX-8 and get it in FILINK mode for the drivers. Fred Jan
  12. fjkraan

Extra New Clock 80 and Orcestra 90 for Model III/4 boards

About a year ago I wanted a NewClock-80 and reverse engineered the schema from the photo's on Pascal's site. The schema appears to be complete, but I lost interest before the board layout was made. This is for the Model 1, but changing the connector and adding the EXTIOSEL signal (one extra...
  13. fjkraan

Extra New Clock 80 and Orcestra 90 for Model III/4 boards

A very long time ago I send this sketch to Pascal and he based the his board design on this. A somewhat better schema can be found in this document: https://electrickery.nl/comp/trs80/doc/UtrechtBus.pdf. Not really a gerber file set, but you could create it with KiCAD. Greetings, Fred Jan
  14. fjkraan

My current plan is to keep you updated via a blog on my site: https://electrickery.nl/comp/px8/UD-80_blog/ . Another option is to move it to hackaday.io, but I prefer my own messy formatting to theirs. Greetings, Fred Jan
  15. fjkraan

Nice to see some people are still interested in this project. It more or less stalled. All components and the board arrived, and are stored in a box labeled "Oval UD-80" waiting for assembly and testing. Then other projects took over. Maybe the coming winter season for this hemisphere might see...
Back