• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

ftcnet's latest activity

• ftcnet
    ftcnet replied to the thread DEC units on ebay.
    How much memory is in these CNC 8M's? The G104-G227 modules would indicate 4K, so why would they have a KM8-E (M837) installed? What...
  • ftcnet
    ftcnet reacted to thunter0512's post in the thread DEC units on ebay with Like Like.
    There is a sudden "oversupply" of PDP-8/M machines: https://www.ebay.com/itm/235452128279 (1 available)...
  • ftcnet
    ftcnet reacted to wa2flq's post in the thread DEC units on ebay with Like Like.
    Back in last century, we would take and leave off the front panel and carefully swap disks in and out of the RK05-F. The disks used...
  • ftcnet
    ftcnet reacted to czunit's post in the thread DEC units on ebay with Like Like.
    Nope. RM03 could run on a 15a 120 volt circuit. If you had two of them you could hook up the spindle delay line and run two on a 15a...
  • ftcnet
    Track alignment was too challenging to accomodate pack swapping on the RK05-F. Didn't the RM03 need 'data center' AC power?
  • ftcnet
    "One is not DEC, I have no information on it." One is not like the other two, but there's 3 DEC drives there. Maybe he's confused by...
  • ftcnet
    ftcnet reacted to cjs's post in the thread New PDP-11/53 Build with Haha Haha.
    Well, there are things you can do to improve your homebrew enclosure. For example, it appears to be entirely missing the Digital...
  • ftcnet
    ftcnet reacted to m_thompson's post in the thread PiDP-10 with Like Like.
    I recently bought a PiDP-10 from Oscar Vermeulen at: https://obsolescence.wixsite.com/obsolescence/pidp10. He also makes replica...
  • ftcnet
    ftcnet reacted to g4ugm's post in the thread Should I buy an Original DECmate (VT278) with Like Like.
    Quite rare. Can't find any sold items on e-bay. Price depends on condition but if you want one buy it as you are unlikely to get another...
  • ftcnet
    Hello Friends I've been reading about memory failure modes, especially for dynamic RAM, and wanted to hear from people about what...
  • ftcnet
    ftcnet reacted to thunter0512's post in the thread SBC6120 "Mini" Front Panel with Like Like.
    Here is PDP-8 paradise - Hideehoo's FP6120/SBC6120-RBC on top of Oscar's PiDP-8/i on top of Spare Time Gizmos SBC6120 on top of a real...
  • ftcnet
    ftcnet reacted to dalmill's post in the thread DEC units on ebay with Wow Wow.
    WOW-how about a PC8E/PC04 paper tape reader/punch for $15k ...
  • ftcnet
    It's on Craigslist, but may be of interest to someone in the area. - DEC PDP8/A Vintage Computer by Digital Equipment Corp .. and eBay...
  • ftcnet
    Thanks for the reference. I was looking to be more precise about the delay. Basically emulating the functions in this chart in the Nov...
  • ftcnet
    ftcnet reacted to daver2's post in the thread QBUS voltage and drive question with Like Like.
    Transmission line theory and bus termination = magic 😉! Dave
Back