• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Gary C

1. Gary C

Desoldering technique

Non-corrosive desoldering flux can be very helpful at making sure oxidised solder melts and flows without excess heat application Use proper lead low temperature solder whenever you have to resolder after a non-clean suck Never pull until free but gentle twisting can often break the join between...
  2. Gary C

Whats the purpose of this jumper on this ieee-488 adapter?

It inverts reset so when the PET gets a reset, the interface clear line is pulled and all devices no matter what they are doing immediately let go of the line and await further commands (if they follow the IEEE-488 spec).
  3. Gary C

Whats the purpose of this jumper on this ieee-488 adapter?

I imagine the pin connected to nowhere is so you can store the jumper from red to ? when not in use.
  4. Gary C

It seems that I cannot have an Archimedes.

With a RISC OS machine, have you tried holding down delete when powering it up ? It will reset the video to mode 0 15kHz.
  5. Gary C

Cromemco dazzler replica project

Corrections are all updated on Github but they were. IC 43 pins 10,13 & 14 - connect to adjacent rail - fixed IC 39 pin 14 - connect to adjacent rail - fixed IC 23 pin 10 - connect to adjacent rail - fixed IC 33 pin 10 - connect to adjacent rail - fixed Cosmetics R11 should read 30K Two R23's...
  6. Gary C

Just a note to point out I still have two sets of boards available if anyone wants them They would need the minor errors found correcting and they are not ENIG plated and dont have hard gold fingers but as has now been shown, they do work ! (Mr Null, what a hero in taking on the challenge) I...
  7. Gary C

I guess its that time of year again...

Must be nice to have so much space ! :)
  8. Gary C

and iiiiiiiiii have become comfortably numb... epic. Good choice.
  9. Gary C

Oddly, I had already changed it to 7408 even though I put 7403 in the post.
  10. Gary C

Given the note in the Northstar manual about using their Dynamic RAM with the Dazzler after a modification then I might have a go at building one now for myself and see if it works.
  11. Gary C

Well done Dave, another well diagnosed process. So In a nutshell, the boards work but you need the right type of RAM, static & non buffered and the right monitor. Really satisfying that it works.
  12. Gary C

Right, so its time to build one myself
  13. Gary C

Oh yes Result !
  14. Gary C

The RIFA Experience

Oh, I hate it when people spell LASER with a Z ! But we say RIFA in the way we say Hoover and everyone knows what we mean, except when we don't, then it causes confusion.
Back