• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by GeoffB17

1. G

Moving a file from one user to another

Hm, sounds interesting, although I'd never heard of this before. Go the files, tried to have a play. The Help file is in German, ach so, which is not an immediate help, but I assume I can use Google or something to do a translate. The system seems to allow for activating password one by one...
  2. G

Borland Menu Master

Have you used this system before? I've managed to find a download for it, but it seems fairly complex. I assume it's a type of 'turnkey' system intended to keep the end user away from the meat of the system? I've had a look at the data in the files and there seems to be some sort of copy...
  3. G

Compaq 386 - floppy drive and GOTEK woes

So, need to start with images for either 360k or 720k. Your first message doesn't mention trying those? Will the machine autodetect either 5.25 or 3.5? If not, then use the one that it will accept immed. Do you have an image of a suitable boot disk? FlashFloppy can be set to default to...
  4. G

Compaq 386 - floppy drive and GOTEK woes

Er, yes, it's not at all clear what disk you're trying to use, you mention so many (too many). As 'rlauzon' says (suggests) the Gotek system cannot do anything with the image but read it. So you MUST supply a correct image. As in a correct image of the same type and format that the computer...
  5. G

Epson HX-20 - FORTH ROM

I've never used one of the external expansion boxes (although I do have one, just never used it) so sorry if I'm a bit vague on it, but I'm not at all sure you can use BOTH the SkiWriter and the FORTH ROM. My FORTH ROM (the HCCS system, which I got way back, and which I did the dump of and...
  6. G

Epson HX-20 - FORTH ROM

Regarding the Option ROM, this MIGHT be possible but it would be a LOT of work for just one user. I would first try to explore where the original problem comes from, and try to fix that. The Option ROM merely switches what's available between 6000 and 7fff as per RAM or ROM. It should NOT...
  7. G

PCW9512 - Brightness/Contrast Controls

Yes, the A: drive fpr the 9512 is the 80t 2 sided drive, as per the 8512 B: drive. I know very little about the Greaseweazle system, but I understand that the GW needs an operating drive to connect to, so I guess that you would need one in the PCW to receive the (translated ?) data and one to...
  8. G

PCW9512 - Brightness/Contrast Controls

Have you got a boot disk for your PCW yet? If not, I should be able to help. I'm in the UK. I've got an image file for the 9512, and I think I've got all the necessary bits as well (incl a boot sector), but writing the image to real disk should be OK. I've got one of the uIDE drives...
  9. G

Banked memory questions

Specific questions asked that I missed answering.. I don't know if this varied, but the PCW uses 16k banks, so there are 4 for the normal 64k, plus a number of active switchable ones for screen memory, BDOS, BDOS, etc. The BULK of the RAM though is config as a RAM disk, M:, and this is not...
  10. G

Banked memory questions

Hello, I've got my Amstrad PCW still working as a CP/M 3 machine, with 512k of RAM. Various books for the PCW, and published articles from the day, regarding software, show how to use standard routines to mess with the RAM, and swap banks in and out of 'active'. Yes, there is no clear API...
  11. G

FORTRAN 66 for DOS by SuperSoft SS-SSS SmalSystemServices

Hello, Not sure about this. There are some references, some very old. Re what you're seeking, note that the 'Small System Services' may be a publisher, from some years ago. For the mag Compute! Not sure they were anything to do with languages. 'SuperSoft' did publish a FORTRAN...
  12. G

CP/M floppy trying to transfer using 22DISK

@ablaka, Not sure how far you might get with your W98 machine, but maybe...? You might try a different piece of software, IMD (Image Disk) from ? Dunford. If you have the disk, and your W98 machine has a suitable 5.25" fd, then maybe you could use IMD to make an image of the disk as you will...
  13. G

Epson PX8 apparently dead

OK, good point. The HX needs 16 hrs charge time. Until there's enough charge to achieve anything, then nothing will happen. What does OP mean by 'some hours' of charge? I'd suggest at least 16, with the machine totally OFF. If the machine is ON in ANY way, then prob using charge as fast...
  14. G

Epson PX8 apparently dead

Batteries inside may be totally dead, not taking or holding ANY charge. If so, may be leaking badly, and causing serious damage inside? Can be replaced, if size OK. I've got an HX-20 still working (sort-of) using external rechargeable batteries and Epson PSU. Geoff
  15. G

CP/M floppy trying to transfer using 22DISK

Hm, I've got a somewhat larger version of the CPMDISKS definition file that you show, and there's nothing like 'Dennison Carter' in that. Is there any other text on the floppy disk or the pocket? Yes, if you've got ANADISK that could help determine what the actual parameters should be, but...
Back