• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by gepooljr

1. G

Pacific Commodore Expo NW 2023 - June 24-25

LCM is open again? I thought for sure it was going to close.
  2. G

Why do you do this? (retro-coding)

I like coding on the machines I originally used and didn't have have the money to afford. Boyle's law applies to computer science.... I like the mental stimulation of working in small places with limited resources and seeing what can happen. I'm going back further to machines that were around...
  3. G

DEC Fortran IV

Thanks for passing it on... I'm getting ready for some projects in Fortran for RT-11. I'm taking note of your suggestion.
  4. G

FS: Breakthru 286 accelerator card - includes all manuals and software

I still have the software in my archive. Send a PM and we can chat.
  5. G

Southwest WTB: Socket 7 AT Motherboard

Thanks all for your suggestions. I'm holding off for a bit.... spouse getting ready for surgery.
  6. G

Southwest WTB: Socket 7 AT Motherboard

I'm looking to buy a Socket 7 Motherboard in AT Style. I would like it to have an Intel 430VX or 430TX chipset - I have an Intel 200 MMX and an AT Beige case I would like to make useful. Send me a direct message. I live in Las Vegas and will pay reasonable shipping.
  7. G

Trs-80 model 1, level 1 rom differences

I have a Model 1 Level 1 with 4K. How would I know if the board version can run that hack mentioned above?
  8. G

Your best and worst vintage computer investments?

I'm a hobbyist.... I don't buy/obtain old tech for investing.... I do it for the fun/enjoyment. Now, if someone offered me a VAX 11/780 free..... well, that would require some house re-arranging... :)
  9. G

What are the top 10 rarest vintage computer bits you own?

The rarest vintage computer I have is a TRS Model 1 Rom 1 with the original 4K of memory with Tandy Monitor aka TV Set. From around 1977 I believe. Has not been modified. You can type in programs for Rom 1 Basic or attach a Tape Drive and use it to load/store progames. Also have the original...
  10. G

BSDs- History and Use Thereof Past and Present.

Is it possible to image the tape and upload it to Archive.org? It would be interesting to see it. - Geoff
  11. G

Anyone remember minix for 8088?

Minix 1 did not run/use protected mode in any processor out of the box. There was a 386 Minix patch that changed that to protected mode for version 1.5. Minix 2 would work in protected mode with the 286 up. With the 286, it would still be limited by segmentation. Minix 3 only runs on...
  12. G

Wanted: Leading Edge Model D BIOS Image 3.01 for DC-2011

I just moved from Portland to Las Vegas two years ago .... not too many vintage tech heads out here. Leading Edge Model D is one of my favorite systems and mine is in pretty good shape.
  13. G

Wanted: Leading Edge Model D BIOS Image 3.01 for DC-2011

Hi Robert... I didn't have any success in either, but I've removed all the cards and am going to try it again this weekend.... just got home from a long trip and I'm catching up, as they say. PDX - Yiou are in Portland OR?
  14. G

New site

This is great! Different, but looks very promising. Great job!
  15. G

New acquistion - Tandy Enhanced TRS-80 Model II w/software

Here is the picture of the unit. I think its in pretty good shape. I'm not sure how far I want to go with aesthetics (scratches, painting, etc). Right now, I want to clean it up nicely and replace as many of the discrete components as needed to keep it going into the future. Any...
Back