• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Getafix

1. Getafix

California Looking for the book: Understanding the Apple II by Jim Sather

Hi, You are (kinda) in luck. It is available, signed, from here: https://www.reactivemicro.com/product/understanding-the-apple-ii-by-jim-sather-signed/ $225 though :( I have one more idea for you - There's a PDF called "Jim Sather - Understanding the Apple IIe" (IIe being the difference)...
  2. Getafix

Hello from Vancouver, BC

I can help you with that. Do you have enough "reputation" or whatever to dm me? Maybe I'll dm you and hopefully you can reply.
  3. Getafix

British Columbia Laser 3000/Dick Smith Cat Peripheral Cards Wanted

Hi, I have a Laser 3000 (Same thing as the Dick Smith Cat) with no cards. I would really like to have some peripheral cards for it. Most urgently wanted is a floppy interface card, then Z80 or Serial card would be nice to have. I realize the most likely place to find any of these is...
  4. Getafix

Hello from Vancouver, BC

Hello fellow Vancouverite! Welcome to the forum. It's a great place and I think you will find lots of people that share your interests. I have a 5150 and 5170 myself, but I have to admit they don't see a lot of use. I have been mainly using my Apple II's for the last few years. What do you do...
  5. Getafix

Oh, hey

I made mostly software but I found now that I am older I like physical makes quite a lot. I hope to get better at that. You make beautiful things! Well done.
  6. Getafix

Zenith MasterSport 386SX (ZWL-360-06) PSU pinout request

As a test, I hooked up the 11V and ground and nothing happened. I then tried 9V and ground and nothing happened. But, now powering through the battery terminals also no longer works. Can't say if it was the test with 9/11V that broke it, or something else. It was working when I put it away...
  7. Getafix

Jakub - I think you can. You should be able to use a cheap 12V and separate 9V charger (so 2 chargers) right now to do this. I am going to try and build a single charger using some cheap parts I just ordered from AliExpress. I'll report back once I have done so, success or fail. I still have...
  8. Getafix

Hi - Thank you very much! Just to be sure - all voltages positive? Really appreciate you taking the time - much appreciated! Stefan
  9. Getafix

Hi Smanux, If you could measure the pins on the PSU that would be awesome! I've shelved mine for a bit - got busy with something else. I am quite keen to get back to it and to see if I can find a way to replace the HD. I ordered some connectors from Aliexpress and those have arrived - I can...
  10. Getafix

Any interest in C64 Super Snapshot v5 DIY PCBs?

Received mine yesterday (up here in Canada). Nicely shipped in envelope with cardboard. Thank you!
  11. Getafix

I finally got around to playing with my Apple IIs.

That is disconcerting and I have never heard of that happening. I have attached a diagnostics disk image. Maybe just check the system? Maybe try another disk? There isn't, as far as I know, a built-in ProDOS disk copy program. I have just been using COPYIIPLUS. I have never tried to "send"...
  12. Getafix

No, not quite. The Apple's don't have color or B&W. Simply explained Woz abused the output signals to get color. In hires, for example, an Apple will have 280 pixels horizontal resolution, but when connected to a color display, it will look like 140 pixels (2 bits per pixel, more or less)...
  13. Getafix

Yes, that's right. -Stefan
  14. Getafix

A 140 KB disk has 280 blocks, so 512 bytes per block. The Apple DOS 3.3 manual is here: https://archive.org/details/the-dos-manual The ProDOS manual is here: http://www.applelogic.org/files/PRODOSUM.pdf The ProDOS Technical Reference has some stuff that's good to know, here...
  15. Getafix

I think you can go with these disks: https://mirrors.apple2.org.za/ftp.apple.asimov.net/images/productivity/integrated/appleworks/v5.0_beagle_brothers/ The 1st floppy isn't a bootable disk, I see online, so you should boot prodos, swap disks and run appleworks.system, then follow the...
Back