• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by granzeier

1. granzeier

California HP 1600A AND 1607A LOGIC STATE ANALYZER - $300

I guess that I'll have to see if it's still available when I get the money together. The article was pretty cool. I really liked your WordPress articles, also.
  2. granzeier

That is a bit steep. :( I may be able to handle that with another couple months of saving. (My wife and I have set up $50/month for my hobby stuff ;)- I would need two, or three, more moths to get up that much.) Related to this: Hack-A-Day has an article about this analyzer...
  3. granzeier

Wow, nice. I wish that I lived close enough to pick them up (unless you could consider shipping them... 15644, Greensburg, PA - just in case.)
  4. granzeier

Performance of Radio Shack's 1976 Science Fair Microcomputer Trainer

Yeah, there is that, but I was thinking of using the Pico (on my 200-in-2) to do the processing, and use the other components (variable resistors, LEDs, switches, etc) as I/O for the Pico. Kind of like the Parallax Professional Development boards...
  5. granzeier

Performance of Radio Shack's 1976 Science Fair Microcomputer Trainer

These old experimenter systems are really cool. I have one of the 200-in-1 electronics trainers, and have been wanting to put something like a PicoMite on it, maybe connected to a Pi Zero W so that I can ssh into that and then use a serial terminal emulator to control the PicoMite to control the...
  6. granzeier

Midwest For Sale Random items: IBM P70, duodisk, Toshiba t1910cs

I am interested in the Toshiba, would $20 be OK? What would it cost to ship to 15644 (Jeanette, PA - an hour from Pittsburgh)?
  7. granzeier

Toshiba T3100/20 with a dead drive?

Apologies from me, I thought that the 3100 used IDE drives. In this case, you can forget about IDEDIAG, no it won't work on non-IDE drives. Sorry.
  8. granzeier

That is true - I was not giving a complete fix to ragingbaboon38's troubles. My suggestion was just to help with possibly getting a bit more information from the drive itself, rather than possibly good/possibly bad info from the BIOS. I just wish that I could give him enough help to get his...
  9. granzeier

I used to use a tool called: idediag.exe (https://www.pcorner.com/list/HDUTIL/IDEDIAG.ZIP/INFO/). This would query the actual controller on an IDE drive, and report what it said. That helped me many times. If your drive is really working, this may get the info that you need from the drive...
  10. granzeier

Altair 8800 boot issues

Yep; I can get so carried away with the content of the thread/post that I forget (miss) to read the last post dates.
  11. granzeier

Altair 8800 boot issues

Oops! ;) Been there, done that. That's one of the problems with using forums.
  12. granzeier

PM alerts via email

Like Walt, I am not receiving any email notices when new posts are made in threads in which I participate. I just checked this setting in my preferences, and it is checked. After this, I considered that maybe my email address was incorrect, but it is correct in my Account Details. Is there...
  13. granzeier

Rocky Mountains Zenith NTB005 needs a new home

If I were closer, I would probably jump in the car and gladly take another trip to Idaho. I was stationed at Mountain Home AFB (just south of Boise) back in the mid 1980s; it was our best assignment. Thanks anyway. By the way, if you are interested, I am doing a RetroChallenge...
  14. granzeier

New England Lots of retro PC/Mac stuff for sale

I appreciate that. Also, does it come with the cover/keyboard?
Back