• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by GrizzlyAdams

1. G

NABU PC Emulation under MAME

There is a routine in the ROM at 065d if my memory serves... It uses a table to do a CRC. To get the two bytes that go at the end of the packet you xor the CRC up to that point with 0xffff and the result of that will give you the two bytes to go at the end of the packet...
  2. G

Unlocking older LSI Disk Arrays to support 3RD party disks.

So thanks to a good buddy, I now am the lucky owner of four LSI fibrechannel disk arrays of varying vintage. Sadly, almost all of them were locked to only recognize the matching branded drives. The IBM DS4100 would only accept drives approved by IBM, the SGI IS220 would only take drives...
  3. G

CD-ROM head humming, won't read discs.

I have a Toshiba XM-3401B caddy load drive that will reject any disc inserted. Upon removing the (die-cast) lid from the drive, I have discovered the coil that focuses the laser is oscillating. As soon as the drive gets power the head is retracted fully, and an audible high pitch noise is heard...
  4. G

Looking for ISA 8-bit EMS memory card. (RAMQuest 8/16 or lo-tech 2MB)

I'm looking for some type of EMS card for my XT clone. RAMQuest 8/16 or lo-tech 2MB, something along those lines.
  5. G

TMC850 Maximum Drive Size

PCXTBIOS from PhatCode comes bundled with a TMC850 v8.5 ROM that works on XT (at least when used with derivatives of that System BIOS). I also found out that writing to the disk when the CPU is at 8MHz causes a GPF, but at 4.77 all is good. I might make a patch to the TMC850 ROM that turns the...
  6. G

TMC850 Maximum Drive Size

I've got a TMC850 and BIOS version 8.5 in my XT. Anyone know what the maximum size drive I can safely access is? I've been having issues with a 4GB drive even when using a couple of 128MB partitions (never anything past 512MB).
Back