• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by hagelaars

1. hagelaars

Dolch PAC display not working

Thanks for your reply. I already noticed the threads/video's, but it still seems difficult to me. Thanks again for all the help/suggestions.
  2. hagelaars

Hi there to Florida! Thanks so much for your reply! I like the Dolch PAC also very much and was very happy when I got one! Unfortunately with a broken display by now.. Question you asked at point 3: No, the display stays black. It seems like it's the backlight.. or the complete power to the...
  3. hagelaars

Two weeks ago I bought a Dolch PAC 62. Everything seemed ok, except the display. When I turned it on, the display was readable, but with interference every few seconds. I thought that it could be the cables from the video card to the display. There are two cables in between: a 10-pin and a...
  4. hagelaars

Dolch PAC 64/ PAC 65 troubleshooting/ eventual upgrade

Hi! I have a PAC 62 with screen issues. Please see my video below. Do you know if this can be a cable issue or something else? Please let me know, thanks!
  5. hagelaars

Compaq Portable II Setup Disk

You can also just send me a mail instead of pm. Just sent me a message: thomas@hagelaars.nl
  6. hagelaars

Compaq Portable II Setup Disk

I can help you to make the diagnostics/set-up disk. Just send me a pm if you are still in need.
  7. hagelaars

Need a Compaq Portable 3 Boot Disk

That's right. The computer has no real BIOS. You'll need the diagnostics disk to set it up. After boot up with the disk, you can set up the diskdrive to be 3,5" instead of 5,25". But indeed, for that reason you'll need the 5,25" floppy to set this up for one time. I will send you a PM to arrange...
  8. hagelaars

You can also make one yourself. Here you find the link to the 5'25 floppy image: Compaq Diagnostic
  9. hagelaars

Hi, You mean a boot disk for a Compaq Portable III / 386? I have a working disk and can make you a copy. Does your CP III have a 3'5" disk drive or a 5'25"? These models can have both. Let me know.
  10. hagelaars

Compaq Portable 486 graphics card issues

I replaced the screen from a broken 486c (with working screen) on a monochrome. After replacing I found that the graphics care isn't working properly anymore. The card is only working on VGA out (on an external screen), but not working anymore via the ribbon cable. It seems that the ribbon...
  11. hagelaars

Compaq Portable 486/66 screen issues

Thanks for your reply. Replacing seems not that difficult, the tubes can be reached easily. I will take care of the voltage rates. But for now I reached another problem that I have to fix first.. (see my other thread).
  12. hagelaars

Thanks, I will have a look
  13. hagelaars

Does anybody know more specs about the tubes? (like needed voltage and light strength). Hope anyone knows, otherwise I have to measure myself.. I'm thinking about simulating the tubes with led strips..
  14. hagelaars

Thank you! You brought me to the right idea because of this. I disassembled the screen and found that one tube isn't working anymore (see picture below). I changed the tube that's working on top, to see if the screen is still working (when you start up, most of the text is displayed on top of...
  15. hagelaars

By coincidence, I managed to get another Compaq Portable 486(c!) (so colour screen). The casing is in very bad condition, but the computer itself seems working, except the screen. I tought: maybe I can replace the monochrome with this screen.. if it's worth a try for repair? The screen stays...
Back