• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by IBM Portable PC

1. I

COPY 2 PC Option Board

Are images created by this card usable in any emulators?
  2. I

Ultrascience/ Gibbs Laboratories port of Microware OS-9 68K

I just located a review here: https://archive.org/details/MOTD_Vol._1_No._3_1992_OS-9_Users_Group_US But still no sign of disk images etc……
  3. I

CoCo Disto FDC with HDC, RS232, Printer and RTC recreation?

I am only interested in PDF page 7 i.e. RTC, RS232 and Printer….for now i.e. not many parts at all.
  4. I

All Disto peripherals, including their schematics, have not been sold commercially since about 1990. Also, I am not sure that you can copyright a schematic, in terms of preventing people from building it. You can copyright the actual PCB layout and text etc, but only the schematic as far as...
  5. I

I recently found the schematics for Disto’s Super Controller and the 4 in 1 expansion option. See here: Disto Schematic Diagram Set Seems like a good candidate for a reproduction?
  6. I

CoCo µLabs (Micro-labs) CPrint centronics parallel port pak manual wanted

I just bought one of these on ebay and have not been able to locate a manual. Software was apparently on a ROM, which must be on the reverse side of the PCB from looking at the attached photo. Does anyone have the manual or a link etc? See the review on Page 11 here: Rainbow Vol 1 #6...
  7. I

Tandy Portable Disk Drive 2 Service Manual eBay Fundme

It worked previously for the Tandy 2000 Service Manual. However, I just obtained a few commitments here and then bought the manual.
  8. I

For documents like this I have them shipped directly to https://1dollarscan.com/ The quality of their 600dpi OCR scans is simply amazing. I guess it helps if the scanner costs $$$$$. My scans with them typically cost $20-$30, and they are worth every cent. The previously mentioned Tandy 2000...
  9. I

My understanding is that this manual did not exist, partly due to schematics appearing in the operators manual. however, here it is: eBay Only US$399, plus shipping 🫢 Such is the price of unobtanium. So, unless someone has a PDF, I might start a fundme campaign to cover the cost of the manual...
  10. I

TurboDos Resurrected!

Any further Turbodos resurrections? I still hope to find a copy for my Pulsar Little Big Board (Not Ampro) one day..........
  11. I

Recreating the Ferguson Big Board

Excellent work. Welll done!
  12. I

Tandy 5 Meg Hard Disk

But what of the 50 pin controller host interface? What was its history and why did we see no Tandy, or other, ISA controllers?
  13. I

Tandy 5 Meg Hard Disk

I don't know about Tandy's 8 and 15 MEG external HDDs, however, the 5 Meg HDD's power key switch keys have a 6 digit code stamped onto them e.g. my units keys contain 01112B. The only other writing is "MADE IN U.S.A.". Having duplicates made is cheap enough, although originals are often more...
  14. I

Tandy 5 Meg Hard Disk

What was the ID of the subsequent VLSI chip? Do we know what the last firmware version was on the Tandy designed HDC? Is there a name for the 50 pin interface on these HDCs i.e. like Shugart Associates interface for FDDs? Was there ever a third party adapter to connect these drives to a CoCo...
  15. I

Tandy 5 Meg Hard Disk

The 26-1132 Hard Disk Adapter was really only a cable converter. I‘ve not opened mine up, however, I just found these pics. Note that the device has since been cloned by Ian Mavric and is available once more. A schematic can be found here...
Back