• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by itsvince725

1. I

An odd request: screw dimensions for Model II case and keyboard

Ah yeah, the keyboard screws are probably self-tappers, the ones for the case are definitely machine screws though. I'll look for these!
  2. I

An odd request: screw dimensions for Model II case and keyboard

I purchased Kennett Classic's TRS-80 Model II and for some reason the machine threaded screws that held the top casing to the chassis and the screws that hold the keyboard together are just...gone. They seem to be machine screws but I have no idea what dimensions they might be, so I'm hoping...
  3. I

Power supply voltages for CompuAdd 316SL

I wonder where on Earth I'm going to find a PSU, I've seen this style of connector on other devices but I don't even know what to search for.
  4. I

Power supply voltages for CompuAdd 316SL

I picked up this CompuAdd 316SL...minus the power supply, and I have no idea what kind of voltages its weird connector expects. Is it just 5v and 12v or something odder?
  5. I

Midwest Vintage PC Parts, systems, software and more

Do you have any CGA cards? I don't think I saw any CGA cards, or 8-bit ISA video cards in general.
  6. I

Installing a CD-ROM in an IBM PS/2 57

Oh I'm sorry, I don't mean the ID, I mean stuff like the block size and termination.
  7. I

How would I jumper it? Different companies seemed to use different jumper settings.
  8. I

I have an IBM PS/2 57 and I'd like to add a CD-ROM drive internally, as the cable necessary to attach one externally is impossible to find for a sane price. Obviously I need some kind of sled to mount it properly but other than that, is there anything stopping me from just using any 50pin SCSI...
  9. I

Mid Atlantic TRS-80 Model III/4 keys/key switches

I'm assuming the keyboard is the same between the TRS-80 Model III and the non-gate array Model 4...I'm missing a couple keys and I have at least one broken off stem, so I'll need at least one key switch. I have to double check what keys are missing, but...does anyone have spares?
  10. I

Toshiba T1960CT doesn't want to turn on

Oh, I haven't had to recap one myself as I only own two ancient PowerBooks, but I know that all the 100 series and probably also the 500 series are susceptible to cap leakage on the LCD boards.
  11. I

Mid Atlantic Wanted: CGA/EGA card

Looking for an 8 bit ISA CGA/EGA card, doesn't really matter which one, I just don't have any spares and I don't have anywhere around me to get one. Located in southeastern Pennsylvania.
  12. I

I didn't even consider capacitors in the LCD, I should have as an Apple PowerBook owner since they're infamous for capacitor leakage on the LCD boards.
  13. I

Yeah, the main obstacle with that is that I have no idea what kind of polarizer film to buy, apparently there's different varieties and I don't know what Toshiba used originally.
  14. I

Sadly this is only the start of my problems, as the LCD has developed the infamous "vinegar syndrome". But of course, not much reason to work on the LCD if the laptop itself doesn't power on, right?
  15. I

NiMH battery got pulled pretty much immediately, especially since the other Toshiba I got from the same place was starting to get eaten by its batteries. This model doesn't have an internal PSU, just a typical DC jack for an external one.
Back