• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Jibbajaba

1. J

Tandy 1000 SL and the XT_IDE Universal BIOS

Only thing I would add to that is that I tried using a DOS 6.22 boot disk's FDISK to create the partition, and that didn't work. For me only DOS 5.0's FDISK works properly.
  2. J

Correct RAM for a TL/2?

Thanks! I’ll give it a shot, then.
  3. J

Adding a CF Card to a Tandy 1500HD

I don't know anything about Tandy 1500's, but from the quick amount of reading I just did, it seems that it uses an XT-IDE drive, the same as the Tandy 1000 series. If that's correct, you can't just use an IDE to CF adapter. Some quick Googling doesn't return any results (at least for me) on...
  4. J

Correct RAM for a TL/2?

Anyone?
  5. J

Correct RAM for a TL/2?

Hi, I’d like to max out the RAM in my TL/2 but want to make sure I’m getting the right stuff. I found this on Jameco: https://www.jameco.com/z/41464-10-Major-Brands-IC-41464-10-DRAM-256K-Bit-64Kx4-100ns-w-Page-Mode-HY53C464S-10-_41574.html The only thing I’m not sure about is “page mode”...
  6. J

Tandy 1000SX not POSTing, thoughts?

Re-seat all of the RAM chips.
  7. J

Fitment of Blue Lava XT CF card…

I took the screws out to test exactly that. You have to pull the two pieces too far apart for this to work. That's how far off it is. Really poor-quality design. Like I said I ordered a short IDE extension cable so that I can just install the two pieces into my computer separately, but...
  8. J

Thanks for the replies and the explanation. Glad to hear I’m not just stupid. I’ve ordered a short IDE extension cable, as then I can just take the CF adapter off of the XT-IDE card and connect them with the cable. This is going into a Tandy 1000 TL/2, which has only 4 ISA slots but still...
  9. J

Help troubleshooting T1000 TL/2 hard drive…

Yes everything was seated properly.
  10. J

Maybe this is a better picture. Blue Lava card on the left, other ISA card on the right. Looking down from the top. See how on the card on the right, the left edge of the metal bracket is aligned with the PCB? And on the left it's shifted over? So when I put that BL card into the ISA slot...
  11. J

No, sorry it's hard to explain, but what I'm saying is that if you sight down the card edge connector, you should see the edge of the metal bracket, because on the motherboard each ISA slot is aligned with one side of the cutout in the back of the case. I marked up the image so that maybe it...
  12. J

I have this Blue Lava card, but I don’t see how to fit it into my computer. As you can see in the pic, the metal bracket goes at least 1/8” past the PCB, whereas they should be aligned. So there’s no way to get it properly seated in the computer. Is this what BL’s products are like? I bought...
  13. J

Does anyone have any idea where I can get the “hinstall.pdm” program? Not seeing it in the usual location for Tandy stuff. Like I said I can’t remember what I may have done when I was messing around with setting the system up, but I wonder if it’s possible that I reformatted the drive in a way...
  14. J

I just took my TL/2 down off the shelf and hooked it up for the first time in maybe 18 months, and it’s acting like it doesn’t have a hard drive. Worked fine the last time I used it, obviously. But the last time I had it hooked up I had put a CF card in there and copied everything off the hard...
  15. J

Adding an XT CF card to a T1000 TL/2 while keeping the existing HDD?

This may be a stupid question, but is it possible to add an XT CF card to my Tandy 1000 TL/2 while keeping it's existing mechanical HDD as the boot drive? Basically I'd like to add the CF card as drive D, but I don't know if having 2 hard drive controllers in the system will create a...
Back