• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Jim Hearne

1. J

Powertran Cortex

No problem, I can't take credit for scanning them, i got them from somebody else. I'm surprised there isn't a full set on the net still. I've got a fully expanded Cortex 2 which i built from a unbuilt kit in 2011 and i've got a PP95 which is a industrial version of the Cortex which needs a full...
  2. J

Powertran Cortex

I have them from issue 1 to 21. #1, 5 & 8 attached. Jim
  3. J

Ti-990

I forgot to attach the schematic i see. Jim
  4. J

Ti-990

Thank you :) I've now got a card cage / motherboard but it's not a genuine TI one, came from Richard Norman like my 990/10A card and is a bit narrower than 19" I've now acquired a 990/5 processor card, a couple of TFDC cards, a 911 VDU card and a GPIB card so having fun going through them...
  5. J

Ti-990

Here is the real version of my programmers panel. A couple of issues on the Issue 1 board, should be correct on the Issue 2 schematic which i've attached. The circuit is an exact copy of the TI panel but it's laid out to no specific size as as the time i didn't have a chassis it needed to match...
  6. J

Ti-990

Here is my recreation of the programmers panel for use with the 990/10A pcbs. It's not intended to be an exact copy, it's smaller and i have used SMT caps and resistors. But the circuit is 100% the same. Just ordered some boards.
  7. J

Ti-990

Thank you, I have been able to follow enough tracks on the picture to confirm what i needed to know. Despite the LED's being labelled (left to right) as Bit 8 to Bit 15 and then Bit 0 to Bit 7, that is the correct order. Funny how they used 4 x 5 keypads (only using 2 rows) for the switches, i...
  8. J

Ti-990

Thank you very much, that should do, since i have the schematic hopefully i can trace the tracks from the LED's back to the shift registers on the picture. I only need to be able to trace a couple to confirm the led order. I wouldn't expect you to take the PCB off. Thanks again, Jim
  9. J

Ti-990

Thank you very much, hopefully there is a silkscreen on the rear of the PCB
  10. J

Ti-990

Could somebody with a ti-990 system with a programmers panel take some pictures of the rear of the panel, i'm hoping it has some component designations on for the LED, it's not clear from the schematic if they are in the same order as they are on the panel. I'm building a pcb for a replica...
  11. J

Powertran Cortex

Cortex Update. Cortex Update. My Cortex is now fully populated, every socket filled. I've fitted all the E-bus parts and my replacement for the 74LS2001. The 9929 is currently replaced with the F18A replacement so I can drive the little VGA monitor you can see in the picture, works very...
  12. J

I've got on Ebay Various old Emulators and programmers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jimhearne/m.html Dataman Microdoctor Z80 ICE emulator SoftAid ICEBOX-NSC800 ICE emulator Advanced Transdata RICE16 ICE Emulator for Microchip PIC's MC68008L10 emulator Dolch Logic Instruments (Dli) 68000 logic buffer MC68000-8 emulator Dolch Logic Instruments (Dli)...
  13. J

Powertran Cortex

Now all I need is something that runs on the E-bus to test it with. Jim
  14. J

Powertran Cortex

UTsource was where one of mine came from, sorry. I've just sent them a snotty email but i bought it back in May so probably not much else will happen. Looking at them now, what i assume are the date codes are totally wrong, one is 9808 and the other 0440, way too late for TMS9909 production. The...
  15. J

Powertran Cortex

Hi Ksarul, I should still be able to get the 74LS2001 board done as part of our productioon boards for work and if it fits into a spare space on the panel it won't cost me anything. Luckily a current project has a set of funny shaped boards so there is a gap. But it may be a few weeks or a...
Back