• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Joerg Hoppe

1. J

PDP-11 Diode ROM

Megacool ... I feel like a copycat now! What secrets may be hidden in this huge box?
  2. J

PDP-11 Diode ROM

It's only a prototype, no PCBs left. Not sure where to go now ... is there public interest in a DIY kit?
  3. J

PDP-11 Diode ROM

FYI, here the schematics:
  4. J

PDP-11 Diode ROM

On the BM792, DEC used the 74138 instead of '154. Perhaps its easier to make a PCB layout with the smaller '138s?
  5. J

PDP-11 Diode ROM

Guys, Starting 2024 fun! Something new&nerdy here: https://www.retrocmp.com/projects/diode-rom-book A video showing operation will follow. kind regards, Joerg
  6. J

TK50 emulator

Josh Dersch made the QUniBone MSCP driver ... eternal thanks again! He planned for an TMSCP too ... but this seems to be more difficult, badly documented and not of such importance.
  7. J

QProbe 2023

QProbe2023 drives BRPLY, BHALT, BDCOK and BEVENT, but generation of 60Hz on LTC would need a small CPLD code change. Joerg
  8. J

QProbe 2023

Meant: "Joomla 3.x to 5.x"
  9. J

QProbe 2023

My flipchipshop.com died while migrating from Joomla 5.x to 5.x ... bit rot (hate this) So its still informal email, as usual. Joerg
  10. J

QProbe 2023

Guys, finally, finally I'm able to deliver enough QProbe2023s. Maybe I lost some preorders, please contact me again, if necessary. There's also a new web page describing wiring for the "Drive Activity LEDs" option on the Drive Bay Panel, see...
  11. J

Is anybody still working with tapes at a PDP/11?

Rüdiger ... You're the only man on this planet who has the PDP11GU beta with tape support ... Jörg
  12. J

QProbe 2023

You need to solder a 2x5 IDC connector to the prototyping area. and connect it with 5 wires to GND and existing LEDs. See J10 in the schematic.
  13. J

QProbe 2023

Guys, FYI: as Mark told, the new drive LEDs can be driven by both the BA23 panel connector and QBone simultaneously. The BA23 20pin panel cable is routed throught the QProbe LED panel. So if you like, you can wire up a BA23-QBone-QProbe combo. And as Mark is happy now, I declare the endless...
  14. J

Use of Display Register at 777570, where?

Hi, the UNIBUS DISPLAY register at 777570 give access to user LEDs on the old front panels. There seems to be not much talk about it. Is there any documented use by DEC itself, any OS, or is it just user playground? And was it ever implemented on any QBUS machine, even as an invisible dummy...
  15. J

QProbe 2023

"Sideways" is a topic. I've no idea for a "portrait" blinkenlight layout, never seen one for any other computer. And you want at least the 16 DATA LEDs in a single row, for these idle patterns => only "landscape" makes sense. Hmmm.
Back