• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by johny_2k

1. J

PCW Xperts: floppy drive problem

Hello, I am cleaning up and giving some descent treatment to a PCW8512, and I am currently facing this problem: The PCW does not seem to recognize when a floppy is inserted. I replaced the belt, cleaned up the head, the motor is spinning, but the stepper motor does not move. I temporary...
  2. J

Schneider Euro PC need restoration: Possible?

Hello. I have posted this thread about a lot of retros I acquired: http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?38902-Acquired-this-pack-of-retro-s-from-a-retiring-collector-a-few-Ultra-Rare-pieces In the lot there is this Schneider Euro PC, in really bad shape. Man, that is sad...
  3. J

Acquired this pack of retro's from a retiring collector +a few Ultra-Rare pieces.

Hello. I have just acquired this massive pack of retro computers and accessories from this guy who decided that he had other things in mind other than think his is living in the 80's. He must have got something better to do, good luck to him. But, getting back to the 80's and 90's... The...
  4. J

Acorn A7000+ TCPIP Setup

Hi there, any owner of this computer or similar here? I got an ethernet card for my A7000+ and even could get it on the Internet, but the TCPIP is never configured after restarting the computer. And worse than that, it ignores the DNS configuration at all... I have to use IPs. I would like to...
  5. J

TRS-80 Model 4 sound

Hi there, I have on model 4, working nicely but has no sound ( I mean, beeps). Is it worth opening the case once again to verify this issue? I mean, may be some cable badly plugged os is this a know issue with the TRSs ?
  6. J

Sinclair PC 200 Controller or Disk Faulty

Hello guys, I have one PC 200 and I am having some problems with it. It did not boot with keyboard error... I cleaned up the computer and got pass this problem. Than tried some 1.44MB diskettes with FreeDOS and DR-DOS but it did not boot, so I opened the floppy drive to clean up heads, and put...
  7. J

TRS-80 Color disk controller on Ebay

Hi there, I have just found this forum, and I think I will be visiting very often. I woud like to post a question right now... I have got one of these coco controllers on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231025966272?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 It does not come up with...
Back