• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by jonesthechip

1. jonesthechip

intellec 8

Do you have any tapes with it? Specifically the paper tape RAM based assembler? I'm looking for copies of the software, to reverse assemble and decode. Regards Sid (Restoring intellec 4 mod 40)
  2. jonesthechip

Intel Intellec 8 MCS

Aha! It's the classic intellec 4 MOD 40, with a RAM Based assembler. (I had an ASR33 as an input/output device for a year, then we purchased a paper tape reader that didn't work very well...) The tape took about half an hour to load via the TTY, and then a further hour or so to process 1K of...
  3. jonesthechip

Intel Intellec 8 MCS

Following up to Herb's post, I'm refurbishing an intellec 4 mod 40 - serial number 027 - from my university studies that had an unfortunate brush with gravity a few years ago. The metal work is straight again, the case is a colour matched blue repaint job, the power supplies are cooking gently...
  4. jonesthechip

Wanted: copy of intel intellec 4 mod 40 RAM based assembler

I am given to understand that the esteemed Mr Dwight Elvey is the man to ask about early intel systems? How may I wave a flag in his direction to gain his attention?
  5. jonesthechip

Wanted: copy of intel intellec 4 mod 40 RAM based assembler

I'm restoring an intel intellec 4 mod 40, 1975 vintage from my college days. Looking for a copy of the RAM based native 4040 assembler that was supplied with the box on 8-hole paper tape. (Wished that I'd kept a copy for myself back then!) Hardware being carefully nurtured back to health...
Back