• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by jrd

1. J

People's Pascal

But rmpmcoy, what you found is just the regular Model I Radio Shack version sold in stores, not the People's Pascal version. There are many copies of that one. We never found the People's Pascal version, either I or II, for TRS-80. Check out the history on: http://www.trs-80.org/tiny-pascal/...
  2. J

MicroPython on IBM PC?

The subject of Python came up in another subforum, which made me wonder: How come no one has ported MicroPython to the 8088 IBM PC? The minimal requirements, from 256K+12 to >512K, don't seem too high. The C code expects 32-bit ints, but there are C compilers for real mode DOS that have that...
  3. J

Python

Darn you guys, you revealed my secret project! I wanted to spring it on the world and amaze everybody, but you let it slip! Actually, I don't have any Z80 Python. It's only in my head. But I have been thinking deeply about what it would take to make a least a limited interpreter. Yes it would...
  4. J

People's Pascal

Never found the People's Pascal BASIC versions, although the manual is out there. But thank you for the Model III version. There are many, many copies and variations of the Model I version, but I never could find the Model III version until now. I'm curious if there Chung/Yuen made any further...
  5. J

MuLisp Docs

That's all I've found, I'm afraid. I suggest searching archive.org for "MuLisp" in text to find contemporary magazine reviews. Or the wider web. The weirdest thing I found was that some Russian college was apparently still using it to teach Lisp! Maybe they hadn't bother updating since the...
  6. J

MuLisp Docs

I found CP/M MuLisp and MuMath years ago, not on archive.org, but retroarchive.org: http://www.retroarchive.org/docs/mulisp_mustar.pdf http://www.retroarchive.org/docs/mumath_musimp.pdf You have to turn the PDFs 90 degrees to read. Later, archive.org did turn up the earliest version of...
  7. J

Accessing BASIC ROM Calls From Assembly

It depends on how much of BASIC you want to use. If all you want is the math functions, and you use the two floating point accumulator areas 411Dh and 4127h properly (so no error that would trigger BASIC's error handling), then only one small area needs to be set up. And even that is only for...
  8. J

TRS-80 Level II BASIC cross-assembly source?

Would definitely be interested in that source if you can find it. Meanwhile, found a few more Microsoft Basic versions in that z88dk "techdocs" folder: Aquarius. (Clearly an 8K version): https://github.com/z88dk/techdocs/blob/master/targets/aquarius/aquarius.asm Another BASIC-80 5.22, again in...
  9. J

TRS-80 Level II BASIC cross-assembly source?

There are some pieces of generic Microsoft BASIC-80 scattered around, but mostly in text or PDF format. I think you'll have to gather them together yourself. For TRS-80 ROM Basic itself, there are binaries galore but no downloadable assembly code. Certainly not in Github. All we have are text...
  10. J

File/System Integrity Monitoring for Windows 95

For Windows 3.x, there were the utilities that came on the floppy with Schulman's "Undocumented Windows" book. It was lower-level, but WINSPY could list all interrupts under the system including all file reads & writes into a log.
  11. J

Looking for Tetris for the Model 1????

Eudimorphodon's link to nuppur72's version is a decent Tetris. It is character-based, but since the main graphic character is ASCII 191--a full white cell--it looks OK. (Rotating pieces really exposes the 3 x 1 aspect ratio for characters.) The choice of keys I, J, K, L instead of arrow keys is...
  12. J

Any pre-1980 Tandy factory production photos?

Anyway, page 14 of the March 1978 issue has a grainy picture of banks of monitors & computers being burned in: https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1764378/m1/14/ And the full-color cover of the April 1978 issue has a shot of a few (stacked!) on a workbench...
  13. J

Any pre-1980 Tandy factory production photos?

A very interesting source is Tandy's internal corporate newsletter, "Intercom". It was never public, but now that Tandy is only history, it's appropriate that the issues are now archived at the "Portal to Texas History"...
  14. J

Level III Basic

Part 2: only to BASL3R and BASL3S. (I disassembled BASL3S mostly, but checked on results on both.) "&" Double-precision functions ------------------------------ &SQR | &LOG | &EXP | &COS | &SIN | &LOG | &TAN | &ATN (exp1 [ , exp2] ) Used with a single parameter or expression such as &SQR(2)...
  15. J

Level III Basic

I'd like to extend what Bruce Tomlin found above in BASL3 programs with what I found when disassembling and experimenting. Since there won't be any official instructions for the new commands, here are some. Part 1: applies to all 3 "BASL3" versions. TRANSFER and COPY program lines...
Back