• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Juror22

1. J

HP735 (not mine)

I saw two of these HP 9000 workstation on eBay (US) - I am not associated with the seller(s), but these don't seem to come up too often and I thought I would pass the information along, since I'm not going after them. They do seem to be in nice shape, but for something untested, I would...
  2. J

IBM 43p (7043-150) OS install help

That is terrific - thanks for posting the results and what you did to get there. I love the CDE graphics and remember them fondly from a lot of time spent on HP-UX workstations. Once I started supporting AIX and Linux servers I almost never saw the GUI anymore, so enjoy it!
  3. J

Tandy 1500HD/2810/3810HD Laptop 26-Pin FPC Floppy Drive Ribbon Cable

That is unfortunate. Perhaps the adapter was engineered to work with the synthesizers that use similar Matsushita drives (and seem to provide more business in this area) and that is why they are "reversed", and don't quite work, out of the box (just a guess).
  4. J

IBM 43p (7043-150) OS install help

I suspect that you were able to locate the user and service guides through the links that were provided in the other topics, where you were assisted in fixing the PSU and RAM. Here is a different user guide that may provide some better insight into how to setup your console, since it covers a...
  5. J

Tandy 1500HD/2810/3810HD Laptop 26-Pin FPC Floppy Drive Ribbon Cable

I imagine the connector and pinout is similar to the one used in the Tandy 1100/1110HD which is documented (I made a couple of home-made adapters for those models a few years back, before I became better at fixing the original drives). I've seen and wondered about those adapters you are...
  6. J

Sun Microsystems keyboard prices

I used their products to repair my Compaq portable - excellent quality and it made my keyboard function like new.
  7. J

Can someone tell me why my TANDY 1110HD computer will not power on?

Always good to hear! Don't forget to replace the battery while you are in there (if you haven't already). I finally went back in late last year and replaced mine.
  8. J

Can someone tell me why my TANDY 1110HD computer will not power on?

I'm glad you found them. Sorry that I didn't post pictures of them back in the day to save you that twenty minutes.
  9. J

Just curious--anyone use any of the IA-k64/Itanium gear?

Me too! Well mine was some form of dual CPU IA 2600 that I bought on eBay after they carved up some supercomputer it was part of. Unfortunately mine was lost about five years ago in my big move. I had it set up to triple-boot at the time to Windows Server 2008, RHEL 4 or 5 (I would have to...
  10. J

How I started up my ZP-150 - or what I did over holiday break.

Thanks for the tip - it comes up as the user manual (I have a copy of the user manual - this would have saved me $$), but it might be worth running down anyway, just to make sure its not the reference manual. I had thought to try libraries, but the ones near where I used to live had sold off...
  11. J

How I started up my ZP-150 - or what I did over holiday break.

One of my first computers back in the day was a Tandy 200, and a few years later, I replaced it with a Tandy 600. Why not, right? More contiguous memory, a floppy drive and it had an 80 character screen. Unfortunately, it was not quite the 'upgrade' that I was looking for and although I...
  12. J

Tandy Portable Disk Drive 2 Service Manual eBay Fundme

Thank you for this. Waiting patiently for the 600 service manual. Thank you for working on getting this manual out there and of course also a thanks to IBM Portable PC for identifying the opportunity and starting this thread.
  13. J

What are the top 10 rarest vintage computer bits you own?

I love the screens on those - very readable for the time and your laptop's plastic is in very nice shape too. Those are the 20MB Conner drives that Tandy, Panasonic, GRID, et al used in the laptops of that era. There are a couple of threads in the forums that deal with attempting to replace...
  14. J

What are the top 10 rarest vintage computer bits you own?

I've seen a lot of great items in this thread and it looks like I will have to put together an improved wish list, after this. I (like so many of you) have a lot of computers and while some were hard to get, it was usually a matter of getting a better deal instead of them being completely...
  15. J

I finally own a GRiDCase 1520!

Thanks for both of your replies. The bumper-less head stop fix is an interesting solution (I've been concerned about what happens to the tape over time - I know, I think too much!) and I love the idea of 3d printing the seals, did you create your own .stl files, or did someone make them...
Back