• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by justanotherhacker

1. J

I got my PiDP-11 kit in

sounds great to me but ONLY if mobile voice calls are turned off at the same time, so it's "go home, morse, or shut up". Back on topic, I liked the pi-dp8 but haven't done justice to it yet in terms of programming for it. Looking forward to the 11 though. These kits may be simple but oh my are...
  2. J

I got my PiDP-11 kit in

sounds great to me but ONLY if mobile voice calls are turned off at the same time, so it's "go home, morse, or shut up". Back on topic, I liked the pi-dp8 but haven't done justice to it yet in terms of programming for it. Looking forward to the 11 though. These kits may be simple but oh my are...
  3. J

AT PSU 12v low

I have an old AT PSU I am hoping to use with my MTM "PC-Retro" kit build (replica IBM 5150) as it seems to be the thing I have on hand that needs the least modification for that job. Taiwan-built Western Systems one from the early or mid 90s. For many years it has been my bench-top "I just need...
  4. J

WANTED: ISA CGA card

Hi everyone I am building (very enjoyably!) the PC-Retro kit that reproduces the original IBM PC motherboard. I would really like a CGA graphics card to go in it. Ideally the huge original IBM kind but I will consider others - I don't know this subject very well. I know there are some VGA cards...
  5. J

FREE Sharp PC-1600

NB - this is now taken. Glad to have found a home for it :-) Post was: "Would anybody like a Sharp PC-1600? Little 80s handheld, like an overgrown calculator. Has two 32k RAM expansion packs (they claim to be battery backed, I guess that is probably long dead). Worked when last turned on...
  6. J

Olivetti 286 hard disk options?

Hi all I'd really like to seek your advice about what I can do about a failing hard disk. I have an Olivetti pcs-286 that's been in my family a long time. Until recently it hadn't been turned on for about 10 years. A little while ago I checked it out, found the PSU was dead. Motherboard-to-PSU...
Back