• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by KattPhloxworthy

1. KattPhloxworthy

ZETA V2 with 8 inch NEC FD1165

Ooh, nice! Too bad 8" floppy drives (and, more than likely, disks) are getting VERY hard and, more importantly, very expensive, to source anymore. I only have one Qume QumeTrak drive that I have in a CompuPro 286 rig I have in storage. I used to have two Shugart SA-851s, but I'm afraid my dad...
  2. KattPhloxworthy

Ampro Little Board Plus emulation in MAME - Materials available on request

Way ahead of you. I ared tee eff em and got things working pretty nicely, actually. I used MOVCPM (rather than ZMOVCPM) to create a 56K CP/M image per the suggestion for an 80MB HDD, then created my hard disk. I even installed NZCOM on one setup, and QP/M (which required me to do a bit of...
  3. KattPhloxworthy

First of all, my apologies for not keeping too close an eye on the thread. I've been a bit busy of late. I'm using the standard BIOS 3.8 routines that were on the ZCPR 3.3 boot diskette, SYSTEM1.IMD, that's in the collection that Hal Bower put out along with the stock SCSI ROM code that's out...
  4. KattPhloxworthy

I'm already setting up a repo on GitHub for those images. I'll be putting up images for all floppy types and a line of "Seagate hard drives" (represented by their geometries only for capacity's sake). I'll even put up the Perl script I used to generate those "disks". I created files full of...
  5. KattPhloxworthy

I had only done a pull on GitHub to make 96tpi 5 1/4" diskette images a possibility on all four drives, which has since been integrated. I'm talking about like disk images and the like. It is a bit squirrely with IMD files and newly-created hard disk files. I was running into problems of...
  6. KattPhloxworthy

Hi, all! In case anyone is interested, I managed to finagle getting the Ampro Little Board emulation in MAME to work pretty nicely to the point where I can boot up a full system on a virtual hard disk. It took a bit of thinking because, as it turns out, many of the disk formats involved tend...
Back