• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by kiyotewolf

1. K

Retro Spotter Inside A Thrift Store

I'm not going to reveal which company I work for, but we accept computers, and have to recycle all of them, no exceptions. Things I've seen. NeXT computer, Color Workstation, Sound Box attachment, NeXT lazer printer. [unknown if worked or not] Amiga computer monitor with 9 - pin input, and...
  2. K

@COST of shipping divided by two [HYBRID C64 POWER SUPPLY] : ALMOST FREE

I'm giving away a Commodore 64 power supply, with both back story, and then some. It will be given to whoever promises to reimburse me half the cost of shipping. ~Paul It is a C128 power supply, modded with a C64 plug. It is further modded, where the power plug to the wall was cut off, and...
  3. K

Update Home Made TI tape cable

Well, my cable was built ok, except for one goof. I blame the obscure and cryptic pin out descriptions scattered on the net. On the MIC cable, I reversed the hot and gnd, aka the sleeve and tip wires. My EAR wires were fine.. tested along side the real thing (that I got off ebay) using a...
  4. K

Recovered Links Qualstar SCSI Tape Drive info

Was looking up "9 inch tape" on youtube.. and found this description for their video. Tape processing on an LSI-11 (PDP-11/03) using a Qualstar Streaming Tape Subsystem. Tape transport has a slightly bent capstan -- drive is very noisy and subject to severe tape jitter. Reading works only 75%...
  5. K

For Sale Or Trade TI994_A DISK MANAGER 2 CARTRIDGE

I've got the Disk Manager 2 cartridge for the TI 994/A, and I have no use for it. I think I've got the little ribbon cable, which connects the computer to the expansion box, so, I'll include that, cause I have no use for that either. I can test the DSKMGR2 cart, in my TI, and report back, but...
  6. K

Got the XE1541 adaptor off ebay [going to test]

Going to see how well it works, backing up disks and putting stuff on emulators. ~Paul It's a little SMD board, with transistors, it's the more advanced one of the two.
  7. K

How to safely swap my drive A and drive B in TANDY 1000 HX

I've got a Tandy 1000HX, and my A: drive is worn out. My B: drive, hardly used, I can only assume, is in much better shape. I'd like to try cracking it open, and just swap the two myself, but I'm worried about mucking it up. Tips? Hints? ~Paul
  8. K

Totes and Boxes and Bags OH MY

My stuff :::: Stuff I still HAVE, whether acquired here and now, or way back when. 1. Commodore 128 2. Commodore 64 :::: audio is weak, very weak, so I use my C128 in C64 mode. 3. TI 994/A :::: two of these, one is useless, the other is new(used), and has a lovely CARRYING CASE, with cut...
  9. K

For Trade: DB15 to IBM PC Jr. joystick adaptor :::: use DB15 joystick on IBM PC JR

I have a little adaptor that I have no use for. Takes a DB15 socket, that you can plug a gamepad or joystick into, and goes down to the dual row little header type plug, for the joystick in, on a IBM PC Jr. Things I would think about trading for it. ~~~ Any one of the various cassette...
  10. K

CGA Card Issue [black and white where should be color]

Got a CGA card off ebay, and it's only displaying B/W composite graphics on the TV. [IN 16 COLOR COMPOSITE MODE -- TO A TV] There are two RCA jacks, one with what appears to be B/W video on purpose, and the other, supposedly a color video jack. Do you have to set a border color or something...
  11. K

Hand made tape interface cable, for nothing

Just got done wiring up a tape interface cable from scratch, just to find out my TI 994/A is having some sort of keyboard decoding circuit issue. I can press 1, 5, and space, and M or something like that, but the rest of the keys don't do anything. Cause I'm able to press the 1, I can get to...
  12. K

QR codes, IBM punched cards?

I want to see something software or hardware that would take a QR code and make an equivilent stack of IBM punchcards out of the data.
  13. K

Formatting a 720K floppy out of a 1.44MB disk, and snafoos

I've been spending the better part of an hour sorting out issues with why my IBM PS/2 MODEL 25 won't accept a nice shiny new disk, with the exact same stuff as another working disk. The working disk was made from a pre-existing 1.44M floppy, with green tape on the hole to "label" it double...
  14. K

Wanted : 8-bit ISA Game Adaptor Card DB-15 & Hard Drive Interface Card for 8bitISA

Wanted : 8-bit ISA Game Adaptor Card DB-15 & Hard Drive Interface Card for 8bitISA Looking for a regular old 8-bit ISA game card. Also, looking for a card so I can hook up a hard drive to my IBM PS/2 Model 25. ~Kiyote! kiyotewolf [at] gmail [dot] com
  15. K

Model 25 ibm ps/2 box external power supply idea for an internal hdd

Snipped from a private msg. Names withheld for privacy. Quoted "i've got an ISA drive controller i could throw in" What you can do, is, adapt the existing OEM model specific iteration of the IDE header, and adapt out +5, -5, +12, -12 voltages, to hook up a hard drive, then use the ISA...
Back