• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by KJ7CIK

1. K

Leading Edge DC-2010E with Leading Edge Amber Monochrome Monitor, I need help!

Does it still have the Varta battery? I'm repairing a DC-3010E right now that got Varta puke on the traces. Some go off to the ISA bus so it's no wonder it acts dead. I haven't found much on jumper settings yet but they may be the same as other models. I would start by removing all cards and...
  2. K

Any pointers to Atari 800 RTTY and Packet software ?

I should also mention that to the best of my knowledge only Commodore had dedicated TNC's made for them. That leaves only the RS-232 variety which requires the 850 and appropriate cables to interface together. My setup is a PK-232 going to my 800 via the 850 interface which controls the TS-940S...
  3. K

Southwest WTB: Socket 7 AT Motherboard

Sorry to hear that. If anything changes let us know.
  4. K

Southwest WTB: Socket 7 AT Motherboard

I have an entire Socket 7 tower sans CPU and PSU. I'd be willing to meet you in Kingman if that helps on shipping.
  5. K

Any pointers to Atari 800 RTTY and Packet software ?

A PK-232 would be a good option for the 800/850 since the mode software is encoded in ROM. You will need the serial cable for the 850 and possibly a DB9 to DB25 adapter but other than that and a terminal program for the 800 you should be good to go.
  6. K

Hello from Prescott, AZ

Does the SAGE IV have expansion slots? The article you posted only mentions extra ram and parallel/serial ports but not any expansion save for a 50 pin connector of some kind. What kind of faults does it have? I have a post card and logic analyzer that you can borrow to repair it.
  7. K

Hello from Prescott, AZ

Here’s the SAGE I thought it was part of: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-Automatic_Ground_Environment
  8. K

Hello from Prescott, AZ

Oh I thought it was part of the Facebook Marketplace listing. Someone already got the targeting system but the radar part was still available as of February this year. It’s funny how much vintage computer gear turns up in our county. Two years ago an HP mainframe was on Craigslist too.
  9. K

Your first Atari, and last?

My first Atari is a 1040ST that was dropped off at the transfer station I was working at. I was waiting for a truck but none were available so I was doing yard work. Come to find out it belonged to a late ham radio operator in the same club as me. I don’t have a last yet but I started collecting...
  10. K

Hello from Arizona

I got lucky recently and got an early ATX tower rocking a Pentium 133 and another tower that got squished but it had a Slot 1 mobo. The board was trashed so I salvaged all the components and I put in a Socket 370 board in its place after straightening out the smashed case. It looks ugly and...
  11. K

Hello from Prescott, AZ

Welcome from Vamp Verde. I saw that listing and I was very tempted to get a storage unit just to have room for it but it wouldn’t have been able to work on it. Glad it wasn’t trashed. Let me know if you need help restoring it. I have a tube tester and other test equipment that can come in handy...
  12. K

80286/386SX PLCC Socket Installation

Have any of you guys ever installed a PLCC socket in a 286 or 386SX system? I’m curious if it requires a certain type of motherboard or socket. The motherboard on my 386SX has drilled and undrilled holes in the solder mask and it got me thinking if these are provisions for a socket even though...
  13. K

Hello from Arizona

I’ve been keeping my eye on the electronics recycle roll-off but only late 2000’s crap has showed up so far. I know retro XP builds are becoming a thing, I wonder how much longer until Vista builds becomes a thing.😂
  14. K

Hello from Arizona

Greetings all, this is Josh from Arizona. I got my start in computing back in 1997 with my first computer but I didn’t start collecting vintage machines until recently. I saw a post in a ham radio group on Facebook about a gentleman who was using a Commodore 64 for packet radio. I knew about Han...
Back