• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Klee

1. K

Well Now I have a Kaypro

Yep I read there were a couple of "bugs" in the original version A rom and I wanted to see if the eprom's I have would work.
  2. K

Well Now I have a Kaypro

Updated the rom from 81-478A to 81-478C just to see if I could use the D27128A EPROM's in place of the 2764 of the original eprom in the Kaypro. I have a few of the D27128A's from my Deskpro 8086 when I replaced the original motherboard with a NOS 286 deskpro motherboard and had used them to...
  3. K

Has anyone seen an Osborne keyboard like this?

I have not seen any vintage ads listing them for sale, so if Osborne used them or maybe they were only sold to to computer repair shops and not the general public I just do not know. But I do much prefer them over them membrane keyboards simply because they don't have the stuck key problem.
  4. K

Osborne Executive Drive C manual found

Nice find, I really like the Executive's larger monitor over the 1 and 1A, my eyes ain't what they used to be Ever since I received my Kaypro 1 I just have not touched the Osborne 1 and 1A.
  5. K

Well with the early Osborne's ribbon cable pressing on the keys during storage causing the sticking problem on the membrane style boards, yes the newer style coiled cable style can still cause that if your not careful when you remount the keyboard to the case, I would think even some really low...
  6. K

Well Now I have a Kaypro

I got the greaseweazle thinking I could retire my Win 98 machine from being a dedicated floppy maker and have it go back to being my main Win 98 gaming pc but I still use it and haven't used the greaseweazle as much as I thought but I really need to use it more.
  7. K

Looks like your wish was granted. ;) Maybe Osborne used them as a suppler or it could be they were a aftermarket product. I was in my early 20's when the Osborne's came out and I did not get my first computer until long after they were gone. I've been looking at old magazines and have yet to...
  8. K

I'm not 100% sure but its a reasonable assumption.
  9. K

Well Now I have a Kaypro

Yep, a hard drive would be nice. I am debating on a Gotek, but I have everything needed to actually make disks. Win 98 with three floppy drives, a few other pc's with 5.25 floppy drives and a Greaseweazle and plenty of disks.
  10. K

That makes for three so far.
  11. K

Well Now I have a Kaypro

It's like new, i'm not even kidding. I did zero exterior cleaning other than wiping it down with a cloth.
  12. K

Well Now I have a Kaypro

Received my replacement capacitors today and swapped them out. Powered right up with no magic smoke! Booted right up with the first boot disk I made, the floppy drives work perfectly and are pretty quiet. SO much easier to get running than the Osborne's.
  13. K

And I just checked Ebay and there are four Osborne 1's that have a keyboard with the solid arrow keys, so maybe these things are not that uncommon.
  14. K

SWEET!! Now there are two. I guess the easiest way to ID them is to look for the solid instead of outlined arrow keys. Now I no longer worry about stuck keys from the ribbon cable since its not a membrane type keyboard. On mine the black and aluminum sheets did the same thing, its not an...
  15. K

Well Now I have a Kaypro

I just started working on the Kaypro tonight, took out the power supply and floppy drives. The power supply has a 8506 date code and seems to be in excellent shape and will test after I replace the Rifa caps. I went ahead and ordered the replacement caps for the three Rifa caps. They look...
Back