• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

krebizfan's latest activity

• K
    krebizfan replied to the thread Dual Pentium III.
    Benchmarks that show good performance gains for the software a given user plans on running are an indicator that certain hardware should...
  • K
    krebizfan replied to the thread Dual Pentium III.
    https://zlib.net/pigz/ is one such utility.
  • K
    krebizfan replied to the thread Degausing old floppy disks?.
    If the disk isn't torn, it could simply have all 4 spare tracks used to replace damaged sectors. Why Iomega chose to shut down all...
  • K
    krebizfan replied to the thread MicroPython on IBM PC?.
    If one excludes benchmarks that fit inside the CPU cache, the SH line isn't quite as impressive...
  • K
    Casio FX-9750 GIII with a 59 MHz SH4. Maybe 20 times as fast as the 5150 but if a Micropython program completes in seconds on the...
  • K
    Most of the calculator programs written in MicroPython are tiny and nearly instant. Yes, my Casio is faster but those programs should...
  • K
    krebizfan replied to the thread Anyone Reconized this PET ?.
    Supposedly, the prototype PET had a chiclet keyboard but no tape drive. I haven't found a picture of that to compare. I would be very...
  • K
    Siemens purchased the Wangco drive line so some Wangco drives should do this but finding anything about Wangco is a challenge.
  • K
    krebizfan replied to the thread Anyone heard of this magazine?.
    The 1996 issue displayed was close to the last one printed. The trademark expired on Jan 1, 1997 as seen at...
  • K
    But the result of the Echo includes displaying the quotation marks on screen which could look very wrong if one is trying to show a box...
  • K
    When I try the escape character in an ECHO command on 3.31, I receive a syntax error. I have seen examples that placed the escape...
    • DOS331.png
  • K
    The easy way to handle a large number of complicated lines is to have the autoexec TYPE text files. Try placing the ECHO line in...
  • K
    The BASIC may be simple but some of the BASICs used hotkeys for each command while others required typing the entire command. Sharp had...
  • K
    krebizfan replied to the thread Python.
    Micropython does run on at least one 16-bit microcontroller. https://github.com/micropython/micropython/tree/master/ports/pic16bit I...
  • K
    krebizfan replied to the thread Website.
    Light weight AV that keeps most malware from being downloaded makes sense to me. The heavy duty material like Norton or NIST...
Back