• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Lutiana

1. Lutiana

Star Trek & lsdos

I'd not recommend you post your email on an open forum like this, it's a way to get tons of SPAM, but also creates some security issue. Instead, I'd recommend you host the software somewhere and just post a link to it. You can also just attach it to this thread if you have no where else to host it.
  2. Lutiana

Announcing ZuluIDE - an ATAPI CD-ROM and Removable (read-write) media emulator

I would like echo @mbbrutman and remind everyone that on this forum we stay civll. Disagreements are fine, but keep it from getting personal. I see some comments on here that might be considered over this line and I will be watching this carefully. Anyone who degrades into personal attacks or...
  3. Lutiana

Membership?

Hi @behines welcome to the forums. The best way to help out would be to either donate directly to the Vintage Computer Federation (info on this here), or by becoming a member (info on this here).
  4. Lutiana

What happened to old-computers.com?

It was almost certainly an automated scanning bot that found a vulnerability and took advantage of it. It's highly unlikely to have been a targeted attack. Spray attacks are, unfortunately, the reality of the public internet. My guess (and to be clear is a guess based on industry training and...
  5. Lutiana

Compaq Presario 4505 Restore Disks

I've ben down this rabbit hole and found this https://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/bpb12296.pdf (which is mirrored here on the Retroweb.) Basically the entire series looks to have used the same motherboard, but with different options on CPU, RAM, Video RAM and cache (for example the 4505...
  6. Lutiana

Midwest Franklin 2200 Clone Repair Needed

Please don't "bump" threads. You may have more luck posting in the correct sub forum with more info on the problem and/or outline of what you have tried. Pictures wouldn't hurt either.
  7. Lutiana

How do I install 287 on XT 286

I think you just plug it in and it works. Grab a system info utility like Norton Speed Sys and see if it shows up there.
  8. Lutiana

Microsoft Client Help

Got it. I'd suggest what Timo said, try a static IP to remove the DHCP element from the setup.
  9. Lutiana

Microsoft Client Help

Use this instead: https://www.brutman.com/mTCP/mTCP.html Much easier to get up and running than the old MS stuff, it works well and is still maintained (the developer is active on these forums). Also, this is probably better than an SMB share in most cases...
  10. Lutiana

Posting Issue

Yeah, when pasting things into a forum post here, always paste it in as plain text (either right click and select that option, or paste into Notepad, then copy from there). Weird things happen when Xenforo tries to translate the hidden formatting tags from other programs, especially with word count.
  11. Lutiana

Gateway 2000 4DX2-66

MS-DOS 6 and above have Interlink/Intersrve included in it, which works very well for data transfer over a parallel or serial connection. Not as many bells and whistles as Laplink, but perfectly useable. I tend to use Norton Commander 5 to do this, as it also has a interlink functionality built in.
  12. Lutiana

Magnavox Odyssey First Run For Sale

New members can't send PMs, but they can receive them.
  13. Lutiana

PM alerts via email

So @twolazy and I have sent a PM to and from each other, and both of us have received the alert emails without issue. The headers look good, there are no SPF or other SPAM protection issues going on at all. So if you are not getting the alert emails please do the following: 1. Check you SPAM...
  14. Lutiana

PM alerts via email

I looked at the header for the emails I am getting and it does not reference syssrc.com at all, and the SPF and DKIM shows pass with values I'd expect (references Google and AmazonAWS, which again, make sense). I also looked up the SPF record for vcfed.org and it also does not reference...
Back