• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Mac collector

1. M

My computer collection

Here is a list of my collection of Macs (and other Computers). Most of these I got when someone was moving and was going to throw about 50 machines away. I took them and pieced them together as most were missing parts. S/E 30 Mac IIsi x3 Mac IIcx LC LC II Performa 400 Performa 6116 x4 Performa...
  2. M

Tandy 1000 SL floppy question

Ok I got it! There are no jumpers, but there is a 4 position switch that controls the drive letter, And it was set to the same thing as the 5.25 drive, And for some reason it made it go to drive D. I moved the switch over one and it now reads as Drive B! As for the floppy drive power it is...
  3. M

Tandy 1000 SL floppy question

Hello all, I was wondering if there was a jumper or something to set the drive letter/ number on a Tandy floppy drive (the one that came with the Machine). I know there was a jumper to set the drive on the 2nd floppy drive that was in it (a 1.44 Mb drive which didn't work.) But I replaced it...
  4. M

What's a I387 do?

Is it unusual? Is that a good wow? lol Here is a pic of both it and the processor that was with it
  5. M

What is this video port?

I am rebuilding a HP Vectra 486/25n and it has an unusual video port. It is just like a standard VGA that modern computers use but it's missing one pin. I can use the computer now, as I have a ISA graphics card in it but I would like to use the built in graphics adapter as I only have one ISA...
  6. M

What's a I387 do?

I am in the process of tearing apart a old 386 for parts. It has a i387dx co-processor, None of my other 386s have it. Should I put it in one of them? (I was thinking my aptiva) Will I notice a difference performance wise if I do? What exactly does it do? Sorry for all the questions, And thanks...
  7. M

Drive Belt imploded!

I got a new vintage/old Tandy 1100FD that has some erm, issues to say the least. It is perfect on the outside the case is in great shape. But it is missing the battery, AC cord and the drive belt is a gooey mess. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good supplier for the drive belts? I am going...
  8. M

Some help with an IBM aptiva 386 running win 3.1

Hello I think this is where I should post this but I am not sure, so if it is in the wrong place please accept my apologies. OK so I just got a IBM Aptiva 2144-22P that has a 386 running Windows 3.1 w 8MB of RAM. I want to remove some programs and don't really know how to. I am more familiar...
  9. M

I need some card IDs.

I got a few Macs yesterday and a few of them have cards in them and I wonder what they are. The first one I have is a IIcx with 2 cards that are linked together and ones says AST Mac286. Is this something to make the mac a 286? I might have the manual for it in a box of manuals that the...
  10. M

Apple Monitor Squeal and bad picture?

I got out my Apple monitor the other day ( a color scan 14 I think) And I turned it on and it made a high pitched squealing sound, and did that for a bit then went away and worked fine after I left it on for about a half hour or so. Then today when I went and turned it on again the squealing...
  11. M

Apple Extended ii Keyboard (Was: Found something at a garage sale.

I found a NIB Apple Extended ii Keyboard new in box for 50 cents! Can anyone tell me which apple it originally came with?
  12. M

A quick question

Hello, I was wondering how to get a signature in my profile. I tried but it says Sorry, you are not permitted to have a signature. I assume I have to have a higher rank but what is the rank needed?
  13. M

WordStar for Pc Jr

I got given a copy of Wordstar for PC Jr, But I don't Have a PC jr (Yet) And I was wondering If it would work on any other PC But the PC Jr.
  14. M

Hello All

Hey all I'm Chris. I stumbled upon this site when I was Google-ing old computers. I enjoy collecting old computers and especially old Apple/Macintoshes (though none of mine are really vintage, my oldest is a performa 6116Cd) I also have bins of PC parts from old 486s and Pentiums clear up to...
Back