• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by madmaxamdam

1. M

Removing C56 from IBM XT system board?

I tend to see this as a good news, as it narrows the research... Ok, these are the readings: On board's power connector, when measuring GND to -12V (black probe on GND, red probe on -12V, see figure below) the multimeter reads 0.4 Ohm. If I reverse the probes (black probe on -12V, red probe...
  2. M

Removing C56 from IBM XT system board?

Well, after resurrecting an IBM PC, with the valuable help of many senior members of this forum, I'm now tweaking with this IBM XT 5160. At minimum diagnostic configuration the power supply won't work, unless connector P8 is removed. The readings on the board power connector are: GND to +12V...
  3. M

Resurrecting a IBM 5150: 601 code at POST. Need some help.

A little gift for you guys, for all the help you gave me. THE RESURRECTED IBM PC IN ALL ITS GLORY (in the backgroud, my multimeter and the bottle of alchool used for cleaning the old lady) Cheers, Max
  4. M

Closing the jumper "fixes" the controller. Now the PC is fully functional again! Thanks for all your help! @Chuck: The controller I found in the PC actually looks very similar to the one in the XT: chip vendors and part numbers are different, but the PCB layout and components are exactly the...
  5. M

I am trying to resurrect and old 5150 that was given to me as "not turned on in decades". It's a 1984 rev3 bios, with 256k RAM on board and 256k RAM on expansion card. It comes with two 5.25" floppy drives, monochrome monitor and keyboard, all pieces belonging to the original setup from IBM...
Back