• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

mark0x01's latest activity

• M
    mark0x01 replied to the thread Desoldering technique.
    If you don't need to reuse the ic, I usually chop off the legs as close to the ic body as you can, and then heat and lift the pin out...
  • M
    Good job. Here's a little tip for fixing switching PSUs (also CRT monitors, amplifiers, etc.): put a light bulb (40W works great) in...
  • M
    The product's lifetime is as long as they want it to be, so maybe 2 years after the next version. My Windows 2.11 PC still has a valid...
  • M
    mark0x01 replied to the thread Utility Linux Distribution.
    For best resuts, i'd suggest to pick an ancient verson within about 5 years of the computers age. Even the 32bit versions are now gone...
  • M
    mark0x01 reacted to MindWalker's post in the thread IBM 43p (7043-150) OS install help with Like Like.
    The installation on ZuluSCSI's virtual hard drive did work but as it wasn't quite fast enough, it was a bit sluggish to use. However I...
  • M
    mark0x01 replied to the thread IBM 5100 - worklog.
    The ac filter is what you have shown, and is easily tested with a meter. High resistance across the line and load ends. Also check the...
  • M
    Reliability fades with age (homo sapiens included), so only really useful on unused or very recent stuff that is worth the effort.
  • M
    mark0x01 reacted to alank2's post in the thread NEC Tape deck repair with Like Like.
    I took a PC-6082 apart - most everything was gummed up from dried lubricant. Once I cleaned it up and re-lubricated it, it began...
  • M
    mark0x01 replied to the thread NEC Tape deck repair.
    Been a very long time since my audio repair days so I might be a bit rusty..... The bar across the front latches the mechanism for each...
  • M
    mark0x01 replied to the thread Toshiba 110cs Rip....
    They could always be given a second chance at life and become a static museum exhibit. Mine served as a useful serial terminal. It...
  • M
    mark0x01 replied to the thread Toshiba 110cs Rip....
    Saw this thread and decided to check my 100CT. It has the same problem with the RTC battery. There is corrosion in and around the pcb...
  • M
    From memory, the 15ohms is good. You could eliminate the keyboard by emulating a key - a substitute key + resistor in series across the...
  • M
    Looks similar to some of the cheaper PC and laptop keyboards. The white coating masks over/insulates the conductive black traces. The...
  • M
    mark0x01 replied to the thread Victor 9000 PSU.
    You could try these load values on page 6 of the attached manual as a guide. It also has some waveforms.
  • M
    mark0x01 replied to the thread Victor 9000 PSU.
    Your version of the diagram matches my board, so is "as built". The origional drawing is the same in that area as the AA12090 drawing...
Back