• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by matrix

1. M

Kaypro 2000 Multi Adapter

Thanks, I was hoping it needed a beefier supply for the extras like the isa slot The 2000 boots. The connector is definitely suspect as some pins looks loose, some bent, others are missing. No lights or other signs of life on the multi adapter itself, right?
  2. M

Kaypro 2000 Multi Adapter

Does anyone have the manual for the Kaypro 2000 multi adapter? This is the thin base station with one ISA slot an extra ports, not the largernbase with 2 slots and a floppy. Especially looking for the specs of the power adapter and the details of the dip switches on the side. I am pretty sure...
  3. M

QuickPad Pro - charger

I've attached an image of my board for reference. There are 4 empty white rectangles on the board I labeled in blue: RJ11 - Where the phone jack goes 64 PIN MODEM - I am pretty sure this space is for a 64 pin modem chip. If your board matches mine, we can lookup the datasheet of your chip and...
  4. M

QuickPad Pro - charger

I also have a QuickPad Pro with the barrel connector but without the modem. Mine appears to be tip positive. There aren't any markings on it, but my multimeter shows continuity between ring on the barrel and the spring in the battery compartment. While I was in there, I noticed all the power...
  5. M

Networking on an HP palmtop

If you're going the raspberry pi route, it's almost easier to use the serial port and the built in terminal program to do the same with less overhead, or slip/ppp for some ww/lx action
  6. M

Need ideas: after battery (main and backup) change, HP 95lx doesn't power on

I'm glad you sorted out the battery orientation, that's something I've done more than once myself! There's no hardware reset button -- with everything in ram and rom, pulling the power is as hard a reset as you can force on it. The battery compartment is not what you'd expect for AAs, but...
  7. M

Round 2 - free 3d printed mini vintage computer flash drives....

They're all so well done, i'd be happy with any, the vcs is my favorite, but my kids are drooling over the joystick edit: going through the thread, i'm missing the link to your ebay?
  8. M

TRS-80 Model 3 spotted on Goodwill - Iowa Pickup only

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/128190589 As in the title, TRS-80 Model 3 spotted on a Goodwill auction, local pickup only @ Goodwill of Central Iowa 5355 NW 86th Street (located inside retail store) Johnston, IA 50131 no affiliation. I'm just a customer. if I could get them to ship I'd...
  9. M

Atari Portfolio - Ram Test Failure D

I have an Atari Portfolio that has been sitting on a desk, dry and relatively clean, for a while. Every year I put in batteries and play with it for a while. This year it goes straight to a screen showing Ram Test Failure D 0F00:05E4. The only information on this I've found is to perform a...
Back