• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by MauriceH

1. M

Who bought my VT-100 and is missing a key?

Harm, I have a VT100 and keyboard missing couple of key's. I'll be happy to take care of your key. With the option if he shows up at any time, he can get that key from me. Can be used as a nr. 7 key :) at my keyboard. My location is also Netherlands, so a postal is easy.
  2. M

Heath/Zenith C-H8 Universal Disk Controller 8"

Hello Heathkit H8 owners. Any one using Heathkit H8 with 8"disks? I found a 8 inch CP/M system disk that with hold apparently , Single-sided 26x256 HEATH/ZENITH CP/M 2.2.09A 03/01/84 FOR C-H8 DISKS WITH OPTION(S) Heath/Zenith Configuration Program Version 2.2.00 Serial Number: 000-00000...
  3. M

Philips P3302-850 PC386 Bios setup

Think I know the answer. As it has an ADAPTEC ACB-2320 ESDI adapter card, it knows its own Hard disk settings. So as long as Bios knows there is á Harddisk, it starts to find the adapter card. Read something about even to set to 0 as long as there is an external card present. And so it does not...
  4. M

Philips P3302-850 PC386 Bios setup

For decades I have this Philips P3302-850 386 PC with Co-Processor 387 Mem 18432 Total, 640k + 17408 ext + 384k extra Holds 2 extra long special mem cards. Thing is battery fail, so replaced the 6Vdc.Batt. Harddisk is a Micropolis 1558 ESDI Should be ; cyl 1224 heads 15 wpcom 1224, lzone 1224...
  5. M

Guidance needed for setting up floppy drives for my XT

The ones I have are Toshiba_PA3109U-1FDD. USB. But so now seems 1 just have a bad or sticky 720/1,44 switch. And that was the one I always use and just seldom have tried those 720k disks as I have very few of them in systems. Due to fact 360k is not working from say win98, I thought the same...
  6. M

"..I'm 99.5 % certain that it is possible to use 720 kb/DD disks in Windows 10, and there are certainly USB drives (such as the ones from IBM) which many people have said works perfectly fine with reading and writing to 720 kb disks... Found other USB FFD drive, indeed no problems reading 720k...
  7. M

is there anything in particular that I should keep in mind? -Only that they are defect.. But you never know. Most of them have no jumpers at all, not even a Drive number select, so always use the data cross cable and so the 525 360k must be set for drive 1 (B) And to select Drive A or B, just...
  8. M

VT101 monitor restoration

Jon, Nice work that keyboard conversion. Beware if you ever find a similar looking keyboard but from C.itoh version, looks completely the same but does not work on a VT100. Check on pin 7 if focus R477 will make the full range 0V- +360V Then check those capacitors round that HV-Transformer...
  9. M

C.Itoh CIT-80 no high voltage to CRT

I haven't found any schematics , but all those monitors have basic same setup circuits. Isn't there a video out connector on that CPU board? Then just unplug power to that monitor and see if cpu it self is running and all power is back to normal on that supply. Or with a scope see if there is...
  10. M

24000uF 50V capacitors for my PDP8/M

Roland, Great a "original" set found. A long storage,even years does not effect the life span, as long as you reformat them with a series resistor for at least half an hour. Hugo, indeed a growing defect in insolation foil think is most likely in those caps that are build to last. As the seal...
  11. M

Need some help getting a DEC VT100 working

In that schematic its a BU407D (with diode) , so any can do the job who suited in this TV type of fly-back circuit. Used in many TVs back in the late 1970's, early 1980's. So use the more common BU508D (8A amps) , they can be found in TO3 housing , or TO-247. And! Beware of those old "Sparque"...
  12. M

24000uF 50V capacitors for my PDP8/M

Roland, had the same experience back in 2019 with my pdp8/m. suddenly a full short on one of those caps. But it also shorted out that bridge rectifier. So double check that one also. Ohw see my pictures back, and That Bridge rectifier had a bad soldering joint , so a very high ripple think...
  13. M

PDP8M-ASR33 Modem setup Question

Have a question about old analog Modems. In photo is the current setup with a home telephone exchange. As a follow up on the modem setup question See Threat Its al working, but with some typical problem that I can't figure out. Have a PDP8M serial setup card 110Bd, than a modem 200Bd (LEM NR...
  14. M

LQP02 printer?

I found this as replacement. And picture from original LQP02 handbook as to compare. There were 2 types of ribbon, film and nylon Part Number Description LQP02-KA 6 high-quality impression multi strike film ribbons. Single loop, sensor stops printer at ribbon’s end before characters are...
  15. M

PDP8E Friden Code Converter

Have you read this site about the differences and the code program to ASCII. Also: if you follow that Program link you read this. For underscore (and vertical stroke) the Flexowriter SFD had keys that didn't result in carriage movement. Parity checking, effectively reducing the number of useful...
Back