• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by mike52787

1. M

WTB: IBM PS2 floppy drive, IBM 3180 104 key Terminal keyboard

Hey dudes, looking to find some old ibm stuff. I recently acquired a IBM PS2 model 70 386, and as many of them do, it has a bad floppy drive. if you have a replacement, that would help me greatly. even just the loose drive would be nice. I have the sled and ribbon cable to edge connector board...
  2. M

IBM PS/2 Model 70 386 issues

Hey guys, been awhile since I posted here. Good to be back. I recently got an IBM PS/2 Model 70 386 I am looking for some help on. For 1 thing the battery is dead, and giving me the typical 162/163 errors. Secondly, the floppy drive is dead. What a shocker :lol: Do any of you know a good source...
  3. M

Wanted: IBM PC Convertible keyboards

Hey guys, do any of you have any broken IBM PC Convertibles? I would love to buy a keyboard off of one of them. Msg me if you do.
  4. M

Selling 1989 ibm model m fully screw modded

Hello, I have just recently modded and cleaned a 1989 ibm model m. I modded 2 of these keyboards and I am currently typing this message on my personal model m. These keyboards are possibly the best keyboards ever designed and the best feeling to type on. Here are some pictures of the keyboard...
  5. M

Kalok octagon kl-320 and compaq portable issues

Well, Great news! the kl320 is back up and running again. I recapped the whole board and got it back to life. Hopefully this means good things for the portable's power supply. I found thiswhile figuring out the values of the caps. it seems that this is my problem. However the electrolytics were...
  6. M

Kalok octagon kl-320 and compaq portable issues

Hello forum. I got a boxed pc 5150 and a original compaq portable. They both have issues. The compaq portable seems to have a power supply issue or something is shorting inside it. The 5150 had a kalok octagon kl-320 hdd in it with some st11 controller. The hdd was giving me a dead short, and...
  7. M

Pc 5150 In all original boxes!

I have the opportunity to buy a complete 5150 in all of its oringinal boxes and with all original software and manuals and a compaq portable. Can someone give me an idea of what such a system is worth? It is on my local craigslist. The guy doesnt seem to know what he has collectability wise, as...
  8. M

WANTED: Tandy 1000 RL HD Keyboard/1000 TX FDDs

If youre still interested I have a keyboard, mouse and floppy drive from a 1000rl. THe kyboard has a semi broken spacebar though (It is missing the metal crossbar). the mouse and fdd seem to work fine though.
  9. M

Help me determine the value of my old 286

Just a few more pictures of the machine and the cga card
  10. M

Help me determine the value of my old 286

Hello! Unfortunately Ive been sortof low on money lately and I decided I needed to sell my prized 286 at clone. This machine was my first real look into vintage computing and it pains me to get rid of it. As any seller would I am looking to get the most I can out of it. I am new to the market of...
  11. M

Is it too late? (Battery corrosion recovery)

With the battery removed and the acid neutralized
  12. M

Is it too late? (Battery corrosion recovery)

My 286 motherboard's battery has leaked, I need help on how to recover it. THe board works perfectly, and the battery still holds a charge, but the board looks badly damaged. I want to relace the battery before it kills the board. Does anyone know a good method to remove the corrosion (or...
  13. M

Help with 286 clone not booting from hdd

Hello, I just bought an at clone machine made by acer from a local thrift store. I paid the princely sum of 4$ for it! The machine works great apart from the fact that it wont boot from the hard drive. The hdd works fine, as I formatted it and installed dos to it, and all the files are viewable...
Back