• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by MissArgent

1. MissArgent

Apple II (IIe?) called "Polisher"?

Reminds me of the saying "Polish the apple". To attempt to ingratiate oneself with someone via flattery - Like a student bringing their teacher a polished apple.
  2. MissArgent

Compaq Portable motherboard, late revision?

Motherboard assembly 000385-001, Rev. A. BIOS revision is J (106265-002). Machine was bought off a construction contractor on the outskirts of Chicago a few years back. (I recently had to replace that selection shunt pack with a spare DIP switch since I accidentally pulled the entire socket...
  3. MissArgent

Compaq Portable motherboard, late revision?

So, I'm still hacking away at the Baby Blue and i've switched over to my Compaq Portable, the machine I intend it to go in. While poking around (and cleaning up some embarrassing early socket/replace work on the 8237 from years ago), I remembered something unusual: The motherboard doesn't really...
  4. MissArgent

Difficulty with expansion RAM on Baby Blue II multicard

Yeah, I was wondering about the II or II Plus thing. The packaging and manual just say "Baby Blue II", no mention of a Plus. Going off this thread, that seems to be normal? Cleaning the dips didn't do much, but i've got to scoot for work so i'll have to come back to this one later.
  5. MissArgent

Yup. Motherboard is configured appropriately is normally expanded to 512kb with a Quadboard. The POST RAM count only counts up to 256k with the Baby Blue installed and configured, and the additional RAM is not accounted for by CHKDSK either. SW3 1, 2, 3, and 4 are giving me some resistance (Less...
  6. MissArgent

So, I'm trying to set up a Baby Blue II IO multicard/Z80 co-processor board I snagged at VCF Midwest back in September. I'm currently trying to rig it to work with my IBM 5155 (256k, motherboard max) to start, but despite the internal diagnostics (TESTBBII.EXE) giving the RAM a pass the PC...
  7. MissArgent

Recreating the Ferguson Big Board

Anyone know what IC occupies u107? Maybe I'm missing something, but neither the google docs sheet nor the bitsavers scans of the original list it. From the photos I can find something is supposed to be there, but they're all too low resolution for me to tell what. EDIT: I hit up the schematics...
  8. MissArgent

Recreating the Ferguson Big Board

Board I bought at VCF Midwest has all the discrete components and sockets in place. Just gotta go through the errata then I can start placing ICs. I kind of wanted to go all in on the 4116s for authenticity, but that's $60 from Unicorn and I have a spare generic PC multicard that's chock full...
  9. MissArgent

Midwest WTB: SuperMicro SC850 chassis front control panel PCB (Power/reset/alarm off sw)

Looks like that'd be the right P/N! That's a big step in the right direction. Thanks! It looks like the status LEDs and power switches are mounted on a separate board, which I haven't found much else on yet. The case must have been partially parted out before I got it? I'm considering just...
  10. MissArgent

Midwest WTB: SuperMicro SC850 chassis front control panel PCB (Power/reset/alarm off sw)

So, I've got myself a server build going with a MS440GX board at the heart! Issue is, the SuperMicro SC850 chassis I've got seems to be missing some important parts. This board in particular is pretty important., as it controls the fans for the entire machine. It may be what the power, reset...
  11. MissArgent

Midwest (WTB) Compupro Disk 1A (Not Disk 1)

WTB fulfilled - we're good here.
  12. MissArgent

Midwest (WTB) Compupro Disk 1A (Not Disk 1)

(Photo - S100computers/J. Monahan) Looking for a known good board or a board without any immediately disqualify defects, shipping OK. Will be ready to buy Friday (6/19). Some visual identifiers to look out for: A board that made it out of factory QA ok will have three stickers: yellow, green...
  13. MissArgent

Your first Atari, and last?

Thinking about kitbuilding a Major Havoc board using the repro PCBs, but not quite sure yet - my second atari!
  14. MissArgent

Midwest I/O Shield for MS440GX (MarlinSpike)

Oh yeah, that's a bit like what I went with. The one I went with was clear off in germany, but i'm not actually getting a case that can fit this thing until September anyhow
  15. MissArgent

Midwest I/O Shield for MS440GX (MarlinSpike)

I'm building myself a Slot 2 workstation since the chassis and motherboard came into my life cheap, and I need an I/O shield - anyone got anything that'd work? This board was a relatively common intel reference design, so while i'm using Gateway's OEM variant (which omits some ports) there's...
Back