• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by mountainking

1. mountainking

SWTPC 6800 and Altair 680 kit documentation

I know all about these two systems, what I was wondering about was what exactly these two documents represented, as in were they something that were included with hardware kits? Were they something that was connected to article (s) in a magazine that you could order separate from any physical kits?
  2. mountainking

SWTPC 6800 and Altair 680 kit documentation

I picked up these docs a few months ago for next to nothing ($16 I think). I didn't know exactly what the collection was but it seemed like something that I should grab considering the price and well, I'm a sucker for inexpensive additions to my collection. They are all ancient photocopies...
  3. mountainking

Motorola MEK 6800 D1 Kit evaluation sbc

I managed to score a MC6850L and with a 1975 date code to boot and it didn't cost me a fortune 😁. Now I just need to hunt down a MC6820L with a 1975 date code and we'll be in business! I did find a MC6820 from 1977 that's pretty cheap so I will probably grab that and then just keep my eyes open...
  4. mountainking

Other US Areas Looking for RCA COSMAC products

Hi, I'm looking for just about any items from the RCA Cosmac line of products. What I want more than anything else is the Cosmac Micromonitor, one was on Ebay for awhile for $500 but by the time I had the money to spend it sold, very depressed about that one :( Anyway, if anyone has any of the...
  5. mountainking

Midwest Vector plug boards, edge connectors and wire wrap tool

Drat, I need to check this section more often.
  6. mountainking

Homebrew 8085 sbc w wooden jig

Yes, I know about that group but that's about modern home brew stuff built by members, what I want is a "vintage home-brew" category in the GENRES section.
  7. mountainking

I was wondering about the heatsink as well. I need to get my act together and figure out how to use my MacBook as a terminal so I can use my BT eprom programmer as well as hooking up all of my various SBC like this one. I've been more focused on acquiring pieces like than using them, since I...
  8. mountainking

Thank you for clearing that up! Never ceases to amaze me how the amount of knowledge that can be found here through it's members.
  9. mountainking

The forum really should have a "vintage homebrew" section, I mean the homebrew community has been an important part of the history of the microprocessor/microcomputer going back to the very beginning, seems wrong to not have a dedicated section people can go to check these amazing, hand crafted...
  10. mountainking

I have a developed a knack for finding homebrew stuff on ebay that's listed in a way that all of the title searching in the world wouldnt pull up, lol. This piece was listed as "Electronic parts board ics microchip tester development", lol! I had this feeling that for some reason there would be...
  11. mountainking

I love how these simple boards spawned so many people's careers in the microprocessor technology field.
  12. mountainking

It was a bit more than I wanted to pay actually, but I figured I wouldn't get another chance to grab one within that price range so I pulled the trigger. Yeah, it would be pretty easy to build one in a big piece of vero board.
  13. mountainking

Wow, that's amazing that you still have one of the kits inbuilt!
  14. mountainking

When are we going to get a SBC/trainer/development/evaluation/educational section up in this forum? Anyway.... I picked up this Motorola MEK 6800 D1 design evaluation board the other day and I'm super happy to have it in my collection. It's definitely the earliest SBC trainer I own and what's...
  15. mountainking

Cybernetic Micro System CY232 parallel/serial interface board -1983

Here's a cute little device/board put out by Cybernetic Micro Systems from 1983. If picked up a few years ago for super cheap that I think kind of cool. It measures around 6" x 4", has itty bitty address leds, a prototyping area where someone has added some wire wrapped circuitry and ...
Back